PDA

View Full Version : FTR around Swan lake?

seahawkfisher
08-06-2009, 04:56 PM
hello all

the wife and i are going to head out to swan for a few days and i was hoping to try to hit a stream or two somewhere between there and ram falls. the only rivers i have fished are the bow and the n.sask as i prefer lake fishing but there seem to be a few good spots out that way that might be worth checking out.

any hints for a relitavely inexperienced spin fisherman for that area?
thanks

troutpirate
08-06-2009, 08:39 PM
:wave: its been a few years but............i will send a pm with some spots made for light spining gear........hopefully, you will do good and return the favour by giving me an update on the spots

flygirrl
08-06-2009, 08:45 PM
hello all

the wife and i are going to head out to swan for a few days and i was hoping to try to hit a stream or two somewhere between there and ram falls. the only rivers i have fished are the bow and the n.sask as i prefer lake fishing but there seem to be a few good spots out that way that might be worth checking out.

any hints for a relitavely inexperienced spin fisherman for that area?
thanks
Elk Creek flows back and forth accross 734 and has nice Bows, Browns and Brookies. It also dumps into the Clearwater River behind Elk Creek campground and can be good. You have the Hummingbird in that area and also Onion Creek. All clearly marked so you should have no trouble finding them. The backroads map book is a good resource for a lot of creeks and rivers in that area.:wave:

seahawkfisher
08-11-2009, 06:45 AM
thanks for the ideas; managed to try the ram above the falls and a few holes on the elk but could only coax a few followers. i didn't get too far off the beaten path so i'm sure the fish that would come out to take a look had seen many a lure in their days. i will have to try to get out river / stream fishing a bit more - although it's way more work wading across a shallow section of the ram than it is to troll for lakers from the boat
cheers