PDA

View Full Version : Fawcett Lake Boat Launch?

hockey1099
08-06-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm a really new boat owner (2 weeks) I have been to pigeon and Alberta beach for the last 3 trips and will be hittin pigeon again on saturday. On sunday i want to go to Fawcett to see if i can actually catch something to take home. Where is the boat launch and is it public or do i have to pay to use it? Any tips on hot spots on the lake would be appreciated.

Wulfespirit
08-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Fawcett Lake West Campground - $5 to use the launch. It's decent - you won't have any trouble.

I'm sure you'll catch plenty of fish - but good luck finding 50cm+ eyes in there. They exist but they're few and far between.

jimbo79
08-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi buddy, I went to Fawcett for the last 4 days with my daughter. We stayed at the anchor inn resort. But actually it was the old provincial park.

And the provincial park launch I'm sure is free. But if you launch at the resort they charch $5. But they are really nice, and the sites are too!

And the fishing was fun too! but don't expect huge take homes, as we only caught one jack that would have been legal! And that was the biggest my daughter has caught it was kind of chaotic once in the boat and really funny afterwards but fun all the same. In the end it was about 7-10 pounds and every other fish was quite small. But very fun for us. That was the biggest fish she has ever seen and the most she has caught in a day so it was worth it! I would go back for sure!!

Wulfespirit
08-06-2009, 10:26 PM
The provincial park launch IS free - however, you might have some trouble there with larger boats unless you're willing to wet all 4 wheels on your vehicle when backing in.

Sounds like fun, Jimbo. :) I fished their last Sunday/Monday pretty hard and managed 2 keeper pike and 1 keeper wally. Probably caught more than a hundred fish over the two days, however, so it was fun.

hockey1099
08-06-2009, 10:30 PM
im not going to sweat 5 bucks if it is easier to launch. that said i only have a 14' aluminum with 25 hp merc.

And thanks for the replies

jimbo79
08-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah we never got any keeper walleyes to bite in all was fun. My daughter caught 16 or so fish and my nephew caught 11 or so and it was a 50/50 split between wallys and jacks! But fun for kids for sure. I caughts 2 jacks on topwater frogs and that was fun for me!!

Wulfespirit
08-06-2009, 11:13 PM
im not going to sweat 5 bucks if it is easier to launch. that said i only have a 14' aluminum with 25 hp merc.

And thanks for the replies

I've got the same setup with a 30hp engine and I pay the $5.......... :)

jimbo79
08-06-2009, 11:25 PM
yep, it's worth 5 bucks my daughters got forever memories!! And i'd go back for sure! So have fun!!

jimbo79
08-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Next time try calling or rock island as they are fun for wallys and jacks! I don't care for keepin but there are keepers in those lakes!!

enduro155
08-22-2009, 09:44 AM
How long of a drive is it from the east side... Broken Paddle to Anchor Inn.
I have a 16 foot fiberglass with an 85 hp motor. I am staying on the east side with friends.
Should i even try the east launch at the PP or just buck up and drive to Anchor Inn?

Thanks for helping a newbie.