PDA

View Full Version : Lac Ste Anne - Barrhead Area Waters

hacksaw
08-18-2020, 06:05 PM
Visiting my adult son in Barrhead this weekend and don't really know the area. We'd like to go out fishing for the day. Limited to shore fishing, but would rent a boat if available. Don't really care what species, but my usual is walleye and pike.

Considering Lac Ste Anne, but wondering if the bridge at narrows is open (heard it was closed on reserve due to COVID??). Any other good shore fishing on the lake? Also looked at Pembina River closer to Barrhead, but not sure where there are good fishing and public access spots.

Any suggestions? Other good options? Thanks in advance.

does it ALL outdoors
08-18-2020, 10:42 PM
The bridge is open, and the fishing is good. Just got home from there.

That's where I would go if I were you.

nast70
08-19-2020, 03:06 PM
Further up hwy 33 to the bridge over the Athabasca is a popular spot. Try at the mouth of the Freeman too.

Talking moose
08-19-2020, 03:45 PM
There are a few good holes along the pembina. I drove along the country roads as close to the river as possible and found a few spots to fish. Can’t remember the exact range roads or anything. But it’s nice country to explore.

hacksaw
08-19-2020, 05:07 PM
Thanks for all the replies. This is great! Considered the Athabasca at Hwy33 too, but thought that might be tougher to fish due to higher flows (no boat).
Looks like we have plenty of options. Guess I will have to visit more often!