PDA

View Full Version : The Fishin Hole Wall to Wall 2020?

spin
08-19-2020, 10:39 AM
Anyone know if The Fishin Hole is planning to have their Wall to Wall sale this year?

I googled it and it still has their banner from last year but there's also a countdown for 2020. Just wanted to confirm.

https://thefishinhole.com/?action=SpecialEvent.WallToWallSale

Thanks!

Outbound
08-19-2020, 11:11 AM
Anyone know if The Fishin Hole is planning to have their Wall to Wall sale this year?

I googled it and it still has their banner from last year but there's also a countdown for 2020. Just wanted to confirm.

https://thefishinhole.com/?action=SpecialEvent.WallToWallSale

Thanks!

6 days, 21 hours and 48 minutes from the time I'm postinf this according to your link.

ghostguy6
08-19-2020, 11:11 AM
Well the advertising department seems to have dropped the ball a little. Both the people in the photo must have not been able to afford the reels for their rods.......

smitty9
08-19-2020, 11:15 AM
Got it straight from an employee.

August 26, 27, 28, and 29. Wed to Sat.

HuyFishin
08-19-2020, 11:29 AM
yea! its on!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

Jigsalot
08-22-2020, 12:32 PM
Well the advertising department seems to have dropped the ball a little. Both the people in the photo must have not been able to afford the reels for their rods.......

Yup. Love the fishing hole but their website is terrible. It should say something about the sales upcoming but nothing. Make sure you compare Cabelas at the same time. I’m sure they will also have a sale event

Pikeonafly
08-22-2020, 06:10 PM
Atrocious and outdated website. It can be very annoying to find what you want because the way their online catalogue works. Best to travel and visit in-person to get proper information.

HuyFishin
08-22-2020, 06:32 PM
Yup. Lol worst website

Pikeonafly
08-22-2020, 06:43 PM
Some of the absolute worst are fly stores in Calgary. No option to “search” or “sort by x”. You can only search by brand name or generic options like “flies, rods, leader and reel”.

No wonder Cabela/Bass pro drives more traffic to them with easy to navigate websites and tons of options. Advertise flyers for sales on the front page are the way to go.

JohnB
08-23-2020, 12:28 PM
Yup. Lol worst website

It's so bad.

Red Bullets
08-24-2020, 04:32 PM
oops.

Drewski Canuck
08-26-2020, 10:19 AM
Well at least the Advertising department put reels on the actors' rod this time!

Now if they could only put a bend in that rod. What do you need to lean back on when the rod is poker straight???

Anyways,

Happy shopping to all!

Drewski

italk2u
08-26-2020, 11:15 AM
Atrocious and outdated website. It can be very annoying to find what you want because the way their online catalogue works. Best to travel and visit in-person to get proper information.

That's the whole idea!

deschambault
08-26-2020, 11:59 AM
Just be prepared to wait outside for at least a half hour to get in. Once you do get in it's not crowded so you can shop efficiently.

Poppa
08-26-2020, 01:50 PM
I've got a really nice 7' M/F St Croix Triumph/Pflueger President combo that I really love, but I want something a bit shorter...thinking 6'6" for jigging applications. Hoping to get a good deal on a Shimano Convergence or Clarus this weekend and pair it up with a nicer Shimano reel. We'll see what stock is left in Calgary by the time I can get there on Saturday...

wind drift
08-26-2020, 08:25 PM
25% off on a Shimano Stradic made the wait alright.

Douglas N
08-26-2020, 08:59 PM
Picked up a TFO BVK 9’ 5 wt rod 25% off. Not a huge selection of rods and reels but this is what I ultimately wanted anyhow.

HuyFishin
08-26-2020, 10:08 PM
Picked up a sage foundation 9 foot 8w excited to give it a go!

camshaft
08-26-2020, 10:14 PM
Good luck on finding a Stradic...at least in Calgary. I didn’t see any Ci4+ or the new FL series in the display. I def would have bought the new fl in a 2500 size if they had. I really hope they don’t magically “appear” the next day after the sale ends.

Overall I found pricing really good, but lots of higher end rod sizes/actions were not in stock. Was hoping they would have had more ML spinning rods in the 7 foot length. That said, picked up a nice fenwick river runner in 7’6.

I imagine the lure selection is getting picked over pretty quick. Staff was very helpful.

Jigsalot
08-26-2020, 10:44 PM
Could not make it there today. I’m sure there won’t be much left tomorrow but will have a look at rods.

EZM
08-28-2020, 09:08 PM
Went to the Edmonton West location this afternoon. I was the first "in line" to be let into the store and only waited a few minutes.

I was a little disappointed with the selection and inventory. A few items I wanted to pick up were out of stock ..... so had to settle for other items. They did have the 2 main items I came for (pads for my Scotty releases) and a spare termination kit for the rigger - but had to choose the plastic snap instead of the steel one which I prefer (which was out of stock).

Rod selection was poor. Racks are 3/4 bare and not many choices. I did pick up another backup trolling rod but it wasn't the Talora I wanted. They had one on the shelf and it wasn't the right length, flex, or power - so bought a much cheaper one - I guess it's a spare - so no big deal.

I did grab some terminal tackle, but, again, many sizes of swivel snaps and other items I wanted were out of stock.

Good news is everything was 25% off and a few very limited items were 50% off but that wasn't much. I wonder if they leave other stuff "in the back" they don't want sold at a discount or is the stock that low.

SamSteele
08-29-2020, 07:14 AM
I dont think they are “hiding the good stuff” in the back. I think the low stock levels have more to do with difficulty getting stock shipped. All manufacturers seem to be having issues getting their products shipped in a timely fashion, as well as catching up to demand. You end up with leftovers in stock.

I was surprised at the relatively low number of bigger sale items. Seemed like there was very little on anything more than 25% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Flyguy
08-29-2020, 08:37 AM
Could not make it there today. I’m sure there won’t be much left tomorrow but will have a look at rods.

Your TFO rack looked reasonably full in the north store on Thursday sfternoon; I didn't touch them for fear of contamination. Only had to wait 5 minutes to get in. Didn't have the rod I was looking for.

Let us know what you buy!

Jigsalot
08-29-2020, 09:33 AM
I got in fast Thursday and I really didn’t like the feel of the TFO and I ended up getting the Clearwater. 300 dollars and 25 percent off. Was at the North Ram yesterday and Shunda in the afternoon. Casting is smooth and happy with the purchase. North Ram is getting fished hard. Lots of people out again. Caught a couple but it was a great day out in the wild.

Walleyedude
08-29-2020, 10:08 AM
Went to the Edmonton West location this afternoon. I was the first "in line" to be let into the store and only waited a few minutes.

I was a little disappointed with the selection and inventory. A few items I wanted to pick up were out of stock ..... so had to settle for other items. They did have the 2 main items I came for (pads for my Scotty releases) and a spare termination kit for the rigger - but had to choose the plastic snap instead of the steel one which I prefer (which was out of stock).

Rod selection was poor. Racks are 3/4 bare and not many choices. I did pick up another backup trolling rod but it wasn't the Talora I wanted. They had one on the shelf and it wasn't the right length, flex, or power - so bought a much cheaper one - I guess it's a spare - so no big deal.

I did grab some terminal tackle, but, again, many sizes of swivel snaps and other items I wanted were out of stock.

Good news is everything was 25% off and a few very limited items were 50% off but that wasn't much. I wonder if they leave other stuff "in the back" they don't want sold at a discount or is the stock that low.

Talking with the guys at the Calgary store, the low stock levels are all about Covid. There’s been a pretty big rush on fishing supplies, and they’ve had a hard time getting new stock.

They aren’t hiding anything, what you see is what they have.

It’s a strange year to say the least...

Poppa
08-31-2020, 02:10 PM
was definitely pretty barren at TFH Calgary on Saturday, but I managed to get a new 6'6" Shimano Convergence with a Pflueger President 20 and some swimbaits. I'm getting set up for a trip back to Manitoba where it'll be a real multi-species bonanza, so I wanted to bet set up for as many species as possible. Jigging rod, swimming rod, and a glorified piece of rebar for "gimme" cat-fishing at Lockport. Can't wait!

StringTheory
08-31-2020, 03:28 PM
I was in line at the South Edm location on Wednesday at lunch. 40 minute wait. Stock levels were fair for covid but the place seemed busy.

I managed to pick up a cheap line counter reel and the last of the MH-moderate action ugly sticks for a trolling setup for 25% off. Of course a few lures and terminal tackle to keep my personal inventory stocked.

It's been a crazy year in terms of the number of business shutting down but I'm glad my favourite fishing stores are surviving. They could be doing a lot better than that if they could get a hold of inventory to sell.

Curado
09-03-2020, 02:23 PM
The Calgary location was good as I was 1st in line! :sHa_shakeshout:
I picked up a 6’8” G. Loomis light rod + Shimano Stradic FL1000. A perfect combo for trout fishing! With 25% off, I saved almost $200. :)

SamSteele
09-03-2020, 02:37 PM
The Calgary location was good as I was 1st in line! :sHa_shakeshout:
I picked up a 6’8” G. Loomis light rod + Shimano Stradic FL1000. A perfect combo for trout fishing! With 25% off, I saved almost $200. :)

You will love that combo. Earlier this year I picked up a GLoomis E6X 901-2S WUR, which is a 2 piece 7.5 foot Light rod and paired that with a Stradic Ci4+ 1000 series. Awesome combo.

Poppa
09-03-2020, 02:59 PM
amazing combo, but Jesus Christ.....I think that would cost me one of my bi-weekly mortgage payments. Goodness....

SamSteele
09-03-2020, 03:00 PM
amazing combo, but Jesus Christ.....I think that would cost me one of my bi-weekly mortgage payments. Goodness....

40th B-day present from my wife this past May, seeing how we couldn’t go anywhere or see anyone due to lockdown. May as well go fishing!

Curado
09-03-2020, 04:37 PM
Poppa, I know! I got carried away in there . . . :1041:

EZM
09-03-2020, 05:03 PM
You wait until the affliction of spending big money on gear gets a hold of you Poppa …… leave us sick people alone !!!!!

:)

Poppa
09-04-2020, 01:28 PM
ha ha -- I feel you, fellas. Last September I bought my first ever Break Out Another Thousand.......first it was electronics, then it was fixing up the trailer, and on and on and on........ ;) Gotta pay to play the game!! :)