PDA

View Full Version : Latest report on Carson (McLeod) Lake?

smitty9
08-19-2020, 12:48 PM
Taking a group of kids fishing at Carson next Thursday and Friday. I've heard the trout lakes have been slow lately.

Any updates on how Carson is fishing this year?

Also, I am pretty much fly only; any special spinning lures that work well on Carson? I have flatfish, small rapalas, and small gang trolls. Should I still fish with slip bobbers and powerbait? Pickerel rigs? I don't really spin fish for trout anymore...

Any help is appreciated; just want to get the kids into some fish. I do have a boat, so we can go anywhere on the lake.

Cheers.
Smitty

nast70
08-19-2020, 02:19 PM
We have always had luck trolling along the shore. Something flashy always seems to work there. Little Mepps or Panther Martins are very good (just debarb them for ease of removal).
Last time out, little Rattlin Raps were deadly!

Deep
08-19-2020, 06:38 PM
Don't expect much, as the summer warm water is really bad for any kind of trout action. Good luck-hope its a good trip.

Mr Flyguy
08-19-2020, 06:49 PM
We have always had luck trolling along the shore. Something flashy always seems to work there. Little Mepps or Panther Martins are very good (just debarb them for ease of removal).
Last time out, little Rattlin Raps were deadly!

Just don't troll to close to the boardwalk and the bait plunkers, 'cause they'll bomb you with lead weights and pickerel rigs.

EZM
08-19-2020, 08:54 PM
A tiny flat fish trolled, or small rooster tail spinners have been my go to lures fr slow trolling stockers.

I used a green frog pattern on the flat fish and green and chartreuse on the rooster with green tail ....

It was pretty steady all morning until about 10 am