PDA

View Full Version : Marcum Tech finally comes out with something NEW!

HuyFishin
08-19-2020, 10:36 PM
sonar with gps...... nothing like garmins panoptix :(

OL_JR
08-20-2020, 07:22 AM
I thought the RT 9 already did the same thing? New unit does look like it will be a bit closer to the existing LX's so might be a hit with Marcum fans looking to upgrage.

Vexilar is coming out with a new one as well but looks to basically be a transducer upgrade, haven't dug to much into yet. No gps though lol.

EZM
08-20-2020, 05:44 PM
I have the "pre ICE" version of the hummingbird it has the sonar/gps and it, to me, is a must have. Served me faithfully and without an issue for 10+ years.

I also take this unit up as a portable GPS/Sonar on remote lakes too (have the summer transducer with suction cup too).

It's great - use the GPS to get exactly over the structure you want (or to your previous way point) - drill a hole, then switch it to sonar and fish away.

Camera, of course, is separate, but I like it that way. I keep the camera in the tent and grab my sonar if I'm going to drill another hole or do some hole hopping.

The 3 in 1 is cool though.

StringTheory
08-24-2020, 01:02 PM
I see they also released the Pursuit HD camera. A 5" display and a rewind system. Very similar specs to the Aqua vu Revolution but a better resolution on the camera. I wonder if we will be able to find any in Canada this year?

They also are including a lithium battery in their sonar units, now that is exciting!