PDA

View Full Version : Lake Whitefish

Dan'ol
08-21-2020, 03:20 PM
I see guys slaying lake whitefish all the time using a slip bobber at Sylvan Lake. I am having troubles figuring out just how they are setting up their lines. I am assuming they are using a slip bobber with a blood worm hook and a maggot? Do they weight the line? do they add a stopper to the top of the slip bobber? do they troll or just sit and wait?

Looking for any advice on lake whitefish with a spincast, thanks.

A.DENG
08-21-2020, 04:12 PM
I see guys slaying lake whitefish all the time using a slip bobber at Sylvan Lake. I am having troubles figuring out just how they are setting up their lines. I am assuming they are using a slip bobber with a blood worm hook and a maggot? Do they weight the line? do they add a stopper to the top of the slip bobber? do they troll or just sit and wait?

Looking for any advice on lake whitefish with a spincast, thanks.

Stopper+bead+slip bobber+egg sinker+ swivel+wireworm (#10 / #8) with 6lb test fluoro leader ~18''. No trolling.

chucklesthe3rd
08-25-2020, 04:48 PM
Late summer at the moment so targeting them out in roughly 30ft of water would be your best bet. Just make sure your wire worm is set to 2-3ft off the bottom.

fish99
08-26-2020, 09:55 AM
anyone catching whites at pigeon lake ?

JBFranklin
08-27-2020, 08:42 AM
Late summer at the moment so targeting them out in roughly 30ft of water would be your best bet. Just make sure your wire worm is set to 2-3ft off the bottom.

Great advice thanks...