PDA

View Full Version : new to slave and walleye

mark-edmonton
06-06-2007, 10:28 PM
I will be working in slave lake starting this coming Monday. As the title says, I would like to do some fishing. I will have a boat soon, but not til the 15th. Where could I go to fish from shore next week in the evenings. Also is there a Gym in town?

Mark

Any info will be a big help.

BEL
06-06-2007, 11:08 PM
I don't know about a gym in town but as far as fishing is concerned try the river leaving the SE part of the lake right beside Norms Walleye Camp. When the wind was too much for my small boat we fished the river. Good Luck. BEL

Red Sky Shane
06-07-2007, 10:59 PM
The gym is called Astrum Fitness. It's above The Brick downtown just north of the railroad tracks. They'll can give you a membership card for access from 4 am. to like 11 pm. if you buy a pass.

Try fishing at the pumphouse in the river mouth. Go north up hwy 88, turn left just before the river, take a quick right and follow the curved road to the Point restaurant. If you drive straight you'll hit the marina. Park and look off to your far right and you'll see the pumphouse. You can fish off there or off the rocks along the Point campground.

You also could try at the weir. Instead of turning left just before the bridge in the above directions, turn right. Follow a path leading away from the highway past a private log cabin, and you'll get to the weir. The limits and restrictions may differ compared to the lake. I can't remember.

Good luck, and welcome to Slave Lake.

mark-edmonton
06-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Great, thanks for the info. You mentioned that you have a campground. Do you have any spots left or are you booked for the summer?

Mark

Red Sky Shane
06-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Give my wife Lisa a call at 849-2020

We've got log cabins on the beach also.