PDA

View Full Version : Good perch at hasse?

Mr.goldeye
08-07-2009, 04:34 PM
After catching a 13incter in skeliton I am hooked on perch fishing. I know that hasse has perch but do they have any size to them? If the perch fishing there sucks does any one have any suggestions on other perch lakes withen an hour west of Edmonton? Mink or maybe wabamun?

stuartmcgrandle
08-07-2009, 11:56 PM
spring fo sho

JessePat
08-08-2009, 09:10 AM
There are millions of perch in Mink Lake. There is also the odd Jack. The perch will follow any size spoon right up to the boat. The water is fairly clear and once in awhile you will see them all scatter then a Pike swim by. It's pretty amusing. The perch I saw were very small and I am guessing they where stunted by the over all numbers of them. There is definitely not enough Pike in the lake to keep the numbers in check. It's a 5 dollar per person fee to get near the lake and there is no boat launch. It's right in the vicinity of Jackfish lake, which in my opinion is an extremely better lake for Jackfish and Walleye, but I don't know about perch

Wulfespirit
08-08-2009, 09:31 AM
There IS a boat launch - though calling it that is sort of like calling the shed in your backyard a skyscraper.

And agreed on the perch. Massive numbers of 3-5 inch fish in there. I suspect there's stunting going on.