PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Hills?

Couleestalker
08-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Anybody been fishing Reesor, Spruce or Bullshead lately? I'm going camping there for a week and was wondering how the fishing has been. I am planning on spending some time on Spruce cause I've never caught a brookie.

Pheasinator
08-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I was going to post this very question myself. I"m doing 2-3 days of Sturgeaon fishing on the SSR and thought I might head to CH on Friday to try my hand at some trout with the tube. I imaginge Bullshead is as thick as pea soup but I have had some great days when conditons were like that in the Past. Spruce is such I nice little lake and is good for getting out of the wind so those will be the two places I might try. The last time I was down at spruce there was non stop fish jumpimg but mostley little guys from what i could tell. I only through the line in for half an hour then it was back to work. I've always wanted to try it out with the tube. Never fished Reaser though. Maybe I'll see you there

tuckman
08-10-2009, 04:16 AM
I fished Reesor a couple weeks ago and got a few little rainbows. It was hard to get the boat in there because the water level was so low. Never tried Spruce though I wanted to but never had the time...maybe next year The water level is said to be very low there also. There is good info at the visitor center in Elkwater.

madatter
08-10-2009, 11:56 AM
A guy I work with has been out to Spruce and Bullshead several times in the last 2 weeks.
Spruce is very slow,not much goin on.
Bullshead has as you would expect alot of weed growth and fishin is so so.
Fish are in the deep stuff but i did'nt ask what he was gettin hits on.....