PDA

View Full Version : Lac la Biche?

fishgod
08-31-2020, 10:41 PM
Hey guys,
I'm headed up to Lac La Biche for the long weekend with my girl. I'd prefer not to spend all day trying to figure the lake out with her around.
Just wondering if there's any suggestions on what seems to work well. Not looking for anyone's secrets but a rough idea would be good.
I was thinking of fishing drop offs and humps in the 12'-16' range, maybe use divers, or a bottom bouncer. Possibly try jigging?
Mainly looking to get her some walleyes, but I'll never shy away from a pike!
Thanks in advance!

dodgeboy1979
09-01-2020, 08:06 AM
Hey guys,
I'm headed up to Lac La Biche for the long weekend with my girl. I'd prefer not to spend all day trying to figure the lake out with her around.
Just wondering if there's any suggestions on what seems to work well. Not looking for anyone's secrets but a rough idea would be good.
I was thinking of fishing drop offs and humps in the 12'-16' range, maybe use divers, or a bottom bouncer. Possibly try jigging?
Mainly looking to get her some walleyes, but I'll never shy away from a pike!
Thanks in advance!

I was there in July, bottom bounced in the northwest corner of the lake about 12-16 ft of water and caught some beauties and a couple keeper size.

guru fisher
09-01-2020, 02:42 PM
Going to be full of algae then my guess. Massive jacks around Current Island !!!!!

fishgod
09-01-2020, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the replies! Hopefully the algae isn't too bad, and if it is then I'll do my best with the given conditions. Good to know I'm on the right track

Freedom55
09-02-2020, 06:42 AM
I heard a rumor that the aforementioned lake will be taking the place of the WilVil tournament on the WCWT schedule next Spring. I'm told that Virgil and the tilted scales will be replaced by the younger generation and the tourists can have their trophy (tag) lake back.

Free