PDA

View Full Version : Renewing License

HunterDave
09-02-2020, 10:53 PM
Going to Spruce Grove tomorrow to renew my license. Has anyone had any issues renewing in the Edmonton area due to COVID?

Redcoat27
09-02-2020, 11:12 PM
Went into the Grove a few weeks ago and renewed mine. No issues. I suggest you call ahead and arrange a time. Good luck

HunterDave
09-02-2020, 11:27 PM
Thanks, Bud.

shakeyleg02
09-03-2020, 04:34 AM
You cant just go in and renew in the southern zone you must make an appointment before hand ..why is this still not available to do online :angry3:

trigger7mm
09-03-2020, 09:09 AM
I renewed mine yesterday over the phone. Called the Edmonton office. The girl there was very helpful. I just emailed her a picture of last years licence, and gave her my harvest report verbally. She emailed me a payment option form, I filled it out online, and that was that. She’s going to send me my new licence in the mail. Saved me a 2 1/2 hour trip to the city.

HunterDave
09-03-2020, 01:16 PM
Spruce Grove is by appointment only. Booked for Tuesday. Thanks all!

HunterDave
09-03-2020, 01:17 PM
You cant just go in and renew in the southern zone you must make an appointment before hand ..why is this still not available to do online :angry3:

I agree.

Lefty-Canuck
09-03-2020, 02:53 PM
Dead easy, call them and have your old license number handy. They will email you a harvest report to send back and an invoice to pay via credit card. Was done in 5 mins and they email your license to you to print... no meeting necessary.

LC

209x50
09-03-2020, 08:30 PM
Did it all through email, new licenses, partnership and fur report. Worked good. We are having issues with doing a export permit to send my fur to the tannery though.

H380
09-12-2020, 06:16 PM
You cant just go in and renew in the southern zone you must make an appointment before hand ..why is this still not available to do online :angry3:Because of trouble makers like you !!! Lol.. Never do things easy down here ..

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

shakeyleg02
09-13-2020, 06:18 AM
Because of trouble makers like you !!! Lol.. Never do things easy down here ..

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

:fighting0030:

Big Grey Wolf
09-13-2020, 10:54 AM
What ever happened to a nice visit with the F & W lady, a chat with the Officer in your trapline area or the new Biologist. Just wear a mask, keep your distance and a little hand cleaner. Much two way useful info is also covered.

Flight01
09-14-2020, 01:12 PM
I did mine online. They sent me a request for payment once they had reviewed my paper work. Then sent me a license to print. While I wait for the real one in the mail.

Big Grey Wolf
09-15-2020, 09:07 AM
Partner and I are scheduled for onsight get together with F & W in Spruce Grove this week. It is very hard to contact them to arrange the trap line renewal, nobody answers any phones.

M shooter
09-15-2020, 01:01 PM
Just did mine over email. Its about time they got with the times. I used to go to Spruce Grove and it was always painful.

HunterDave
09-15-2020, 01:06 PM
Partner and I are scheduled for onsight get together with F & W in Spruce Grove this week. It is very hard to contact them to arrange the trap line renewal, nobody answers any phones.

I'm having the same issue with contacting Spruce F&W. I couldn't make it to my appointment and could not get anyone to answer the phone for two days in order to cancel. This time I emailed AEP (Edmonton?) and they forwarded my email to the Spruce Office.....sigh. :(

Cathy at the Spruce Office said thet it could be done via email EXCEPT that she needed me to sign something or other......my licenses?

At least I have the email address for her now and I can reschedule an appointment that way.

Big Grey Wolf
09-16-2020, 08:24 AM
Dave real pain in the butt just trying to contact them. Surely they could have a receptionist to at least answer the phone. Hard to catch Corona over the phone!

coyotekiller
09-24-2020, 04:37 PM
The over the phone is good to know. Just saw in the new regs that you can buy the licenses on albertarelm next year starting in July that will certainly be nice

shakeyleg02
09-24-2020, 04:50 PM
The over the phone is good to know. Just saw in the new regs that you can buy the licenses on albertarelm next year starting in July that will certainly be nice

Can not do via email from lethbridge ..had to make an appointment and go in :argue2:angry3:

Richftmac
09-24-2020, 05:13 PM
No issues in Ft McMurray, walked into the office filled in required paperwork paid the fee and on our way. Had a chat with Tammy and Tyler, yes always better face to face.

HunterDave
09-24-2020, 06:02 PM
Can not do via email from lethbridge ..had to make an appointment and go in :argue2:angry3:

I talked to the gal in Spruce Grove about other Trappers being able to do everything via email. She told me that wasn’t the direction that HQ had given her. She said that she was told that Trappers had to sign their license(s) in person at a district office.

Flatland
10-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Called to edmonton to get my resident licence and the lady there was very helpful. Couple of emails and done. Thankyou for the information on this thread.

wolfcrazy
10-22-2020, 07:02 PM
I talked to the gal in Spruce Grove about other Trappers being able to do everything via email. She told me that wasn’t the direction that HQ had given her. She said that she was told that Trappers had to sign their license(s) in person at a district office.

Odd others don’t seem to have issues renewing remotely.

HunterDave
10-22-2020, 09:22 PM
Odd others don’t seem to have issues renewing remotely.

The others that you are referring to didn’t deal with the Spruce Grove office. The three of us that commented on this thread had to physically go into that office in order to renew. Their policy is as I described.

tullfan
10-22-2020, 11:16 PM
I too had to make an appointment for this coming Monday. She would not do anything over the phone. Our new property is over run with beavers and coyotes.
So if anyone is looking for beavers or coyotes I might have some soon.

Tullfan

TrapperMike
10-23-2020, 05:36 PM
Driving thru Red Deer and called the office and they said stop on the way by, picked up my license and on my way. Very helpful staff.

cody j
10-26-2020, 05:16 PM
Did mine in GP today, had to make an appointment, but other than that no big deal, in and out in a few minutes.

coyotekiller
10-30-2020, 08:34 PM
Did mine over the phone and email from the Edmonton office. The lady was very helpful over the phone, was a quick and easy process.