PDA

View Full Version : 3 stoon guys arrested

ACM
08-08-2009, 09:44 PM
u tube shooters are arrested and will be ib court monday- not much info yet but at least there was an arrest

baitfisher83
08-08-2009, 09:45 PM
umm ok what were they doing??

Wulfespirit
08-08-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm assuming he means the ones who uploaded the duck massacre video to you tube.

Any idea what charges were initially laid?

gramps73
08-08-2009, 09:46 PM
I would think he is talking about the ducks.

baitfisher83
08-08-2009, 09:47 PM
i didnt know anything about that one.....probably because i frequent the fishing forum and not hunting..

Wulfespirit
08-08-2009, 09:48 PM
There's a huge thread about it on the general forum.

baitfisher83
08-08-2009, 09:50 PM
yeah i dont go on that one much either.....actually i dont htink i've been on it at all..lol

munyee4321
08-08-2009, 10:00 PM
yeah i dont go on that one much either.....actually i dont htink i've been on it at all..lol

Dont watch the news much either, i take it? lol

baitfisher83
08-08-2009, 10:01 PM
no actually, most of it is always bad news so i stopped...

ACM
08-08-2009, 10:03 PM
not much detail yet- just that arrests were made in stoon this am

Geezle
08-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Hah! I'm glad to see they found those chumps! It seems like there were so many people outraged by this and looking that there was no way they couldn't be found.

I'd been watching this story in the thread on the General forum and though I'm not a hunter I guess I could be described as an animal lover, and the blatant disrespect these guys had for both the animals and the law was just disgusting.

There's enough outrage over this that I hope they're made examples of. I look forward to seeing how this story pans out.

calgarygringo
08-08-2009, 10:26 PM
SASKATOON — Three Saskatoon-area residents were arrested Saturday morning and face charges under both federal and provincial wildlife protection laws in connection with a duck-shooting video.

The four-minute video emerged earlier this week on YouTube and showed three men giggling while gunning down ducklings from a parked car.

The video sparked widespread public outrage and prompted the provinces of Saskatchewan and Alberta and the Canadian Humane Society to offer rewards for information that could help authorities identify the three men.

The “unprecedented public reaction” to the video led to a significant amount of tips phoned in to Saskatchewan and Alberta tip lines, according to a release from the Government of Saskatchewan.

Gary Harrison, manager of special investigations unit with the Ministry of Environment, said these tips led to the arrests of the three men.

“We probably had more calls on this one issue than we’ve ever had,” he said. “It was god to see the response.”

Ministry of Environment Conservation Officers and Environment Canada Wildlife Enforcement Officers made the arrests Saturday.

Two search warrants were executed at the time of the arrests, allowing officials to search the homes of the three individuals for further evidence. Brian Petrar, operations manager for Saskatchewan for Environment Canada’s Wildlife Enforcement division, said police searched for a number of items related to the video.

The men will appear in the provincial courthouse in Saskatoon Monday, where they will be formally charged with a number of offences likely under the federal Migratory Bird Convention Act and the Saskatchewan Wildlife Act.

floppychicken
08-08-2009, 11:19 PM
...one of the 'saddest' things I've ever seen. The sorrow is quickly replaced by RAGE once you see these FREAKS of Nature celebrating, as some of the Ducklings die and some of them slowly drown to death from their gunshot wounds.

So to them I say.... "**** YOU, you pieces of ****." :mad3::mad3::mad3:

You should Thank your God that someone 'other than' the Cops found you first.

TreeGuy
08-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Geeze BF, you're missing all the fun by not visiting the General section! :lol:

Here's the video link. Warning, it's not pretty..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-g7Ie0nr2k

Members of this forum are the reason these guys got caught. It is a proud day for all of us.

Tree

Blairh
08-09-2009, 01:00 AM
glad to see those guys got caught, don't see how they could call that fun. Good job to those that helped to catch them

223man
08-09-2009, 07:36 AM
I agree that they should make examples of them watching that video just made my blood boil (so wrong in so many ways):mad3:

RedHeadedFisherman
08-09-2009, 06:13 PM
WATCH THE NEW TONIGHT!!!!! the 3 toons are going to court tommoro in saskatoon..!! AOF was shown as one of the contbuting partys responsibale for there arrest.. very good news clip!!

yaaaa way to go AOF!!!

So.. with that, i will say by for now..
Tight Lines Yaall
RedHeadedFisherman
:wave:
PS one good thing that will come out of this is.. 3+ guns ot of dorks hands.. and i somehow doubt they will EVER have PAL's again!!

Okotokian
08-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Members of this forum are the reason these guys got caught. It is a proud day for all of us.

Tree

How? Did someone here know them and tip off the cops?

ScubaSteve
08-10-2009, 08:56 AM
That was one of the sickest things i've seen on you tube, if they needed to hunt something maybe they should have asked some ranchers if they could gopher hunt as they are pests for cattle farmers. At the end of the day they should get the book thrown at them:mad3::mad3::mad3:

ScubaStu
08-10-2009, 09:26 AM
That was one of the sickest things i've seen on you tube, if they needed to hunt something maybe they should have asked some ranchers if they could gopher hunt as they are pests for cattle farmers. At the end of the day they should get the book thrown at them:mad3::mad3::mad3:

pretty sure that due to how public this became they will not go easy on these guys....

hortons
08-10-2009, 09:30 AM
pretty sure that due to how public this became they will not go easy on these guys....

David Fraser

There are two Frasers listed in Cudworth Saskatchewan

One D Fraser

ScubaStu
08-10-2009, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=hortons;365705]David Fraser

There are two Frasers listed in Cudworth Saskatchewan