PDA

View Full Version : An Old Friend, the same Adventure!

Drewski Canuck
09-16-2020, 07:52 PM
I had the pleasure of spending a great morning with an old friend who hosted my son and I on a duck hunt this morning.

Early season, with standing crops, and local birds, and the first hunt of the year, all posed its challenges.

Dave was a prince as always, and a pleasure to spend time with, regardless of whether the hunting was successful or not.

It was equally important to my son who departs for University on Saturday to the UK, and will not get another chance for hunting this year. Again, was it the hunting, or the adventure?

With the Covid quarantine protocols, it may not happen that there is enough time in the school Christmas break for my David to come home for Christmas. This may be our last adventure together until the school year is over for my son.

Shots were successful, shots were not successful, birds flew in and caught us off guard, birds decoyed perfectly and were cleanly folded, but it does not matter how many we shot, now does it?

What matters was that we shared our passion for hunting together, and can cherish the memories until the next Adventure!

In the end, these are the ties that make my friendship with Dave, and my relationship with my son David, that much stronger.

Drewski

Pixel Shooter
09-16-2020, 08:19 PM
It’s the comeraderie and memories made. Priceless! Sounds like an awesome day!

sns2
09-16-2020, 08:37 PM
Way to go Drewski. You're one of the good ones. Glad you became a lawyer and didn't follow Mike T into the entertainment business:):scared0018:

KazIce
09-16-2020, 10:33 PM
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk