PDA

View Full Version : Carseland Weir

FishFearMe
08-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Tried my luck today below Carseland weir and was rewarded with a nice fat rainbow. Missed 2 others and wife had a couple on. Great action for just over an hour of fishing. Later tried the campground side with no bites.

baitfisher83
08-09-2009, 08:59 PM
right on, never tried down that far myself, only been as far as MAckinnon flats....action wasnt too bad out on the river today....ALOT of people fishing..

FishFearMe
08-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Part of the reason we went there was to get a bit further away from the weekend pressure. Was kinda frustrating last week floating Bowness to the zoo...the whole river was a zoo.

baitfisher83
08-09-2009, 09:07 PM
yeah i think was saw like 70-80 people fishing in our 5 hours float today, alot of bug chuckers, not much surprise there, but not alot of catching....they werent in the good spots i'm thinking

4D7
08-09-2009, 09:49 PM
hey just wondering if you were fly fishing or if you were spin fishing

baitfisher83
08-09-2009, 09:51 PM
me???spin fishing, didnt have much time to fiddle with the fly rod..

4D7
08-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Just curious what types of spinners are you using, i have a couple of mepps but they dont seem to work

FishFearMe
08-10-2009, 06:07 AM
All action were on Mepps. #1 with red metallic blade worked for me. Wife had on green and black Mepps aglia with tail. Was wishing I had flyrod along as there were LOTS of grasshoppers along the shore in the grass.

baitfisher83
08-10-2009, 08:10 AM
All action were on Mepps. #1 with red metallic blade worked for me. Wife had on green and black Mepps aglia with tail. Was wishing I had flyrod along as there were LOTS of grasshoppers along the shore in the grass.

yeah i wish i could have too, i think i have a hopper pattern, that may have been the only thing that would work on my flyrod. or at least in the collection i have..and i was using a "trout spinner" unsure of size, but they came in a pack of 4 from wal mart.....it was bright gold, thats what the whites liked...the brown and bows like the panther martin in gold with orange on it, not sure what size, i got rid of the package already.....but the big browns love those it seems....

jboy
08-10-2009, 02:06 PM
you guys have to try the XRAP by rapala.. the smallest you can get like a 2 inc size.. bite size.. i had never miss a day w/ it.. :D

baitfisher83
08-10-2009, 06:32 PM
when i have enough extra money i might, i bought a huskyjerk and found it to be useless, didnt know it floated..probably shoulda read the back of the package :lol:

flygirrl
08-11-2009, 06:33 AM
when i have enough extra money i might, i bought a huskyjerk and found it to be useless, didnt know it floated..probably shoulda read the back of the package :lol:

Ya gotta love them lures:lol:, they catch more fisherman than we can catch fish.:lol:
They always said the lures are to catch fisherman not fish and that is true. I have a fly called a :sick:Chernoble ant and its the uglyest thing you ever saw, I saw the biggist rainbow:love: Ive ever seen caught on it out of the Crowsnest River. I would never have purchased it on my own I would have thought its to ugly. Its really surprising sometimes what a fish will hit when they are hungry. I find that when fish are on the bite they will almost take anything.