PDA

View Full Version : Worms in north end edmonton?

alodar
08-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Does anyone know where one can buy worms mostly and some minnows in the north end of edmonton. without a vehicle its harder for me to get around, but found some nice fishing in the NSR through out the north end of the city but i can't find any places to buy worms, my favorite bait.

Wulfespirit
08-10-2009, 12:19 AM
The Fishing Hole is on 97st. just north of the Yellowhead.
Fishing Center is on 82st. a few blocks north of the Yellowhead.

Both carry worms.

alodar
08-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Awsome thanks alot!!

JessePat
08-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Go to the grocery store and buy frozen smelts. Better price and bigger. As for worms legend has it you can get them for free buy digging in the ground :lol: I never tried it, but my dad says it's true..

chrispee
08-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Does anyone know where one can buy worms mostly and some minnows in the north end of edmonton. without a vehicle its harder for me to get around, but found some nice fishing in the NSR through out the north end of the city but i can't find any places to buy worms, my favorite bait.

where abouts you fishing in the NSR in the north end?

Penner
08-10-2009, 10:44 AM

In addtion to the Fishing Centre and Fish'in Hole, Mohawk on 66St & about +/-132 Ave sells bait as does Wholesale Sports Calgary Trail & Yellowhead.

SwampShark
08-10-2009, 05:04 PM
I know when I used to live on the northside I would go to the Husky located on 66th St. and whatever Ave it is that goes between 66th and the PartSource on Fort Rd. They are actually pricier than the fishing shops but are open early if you are grabbing bait at 6am.

Bait Tip: cooked ship (rings or bags) work as good as anything through the ice for Perch, Walleye and Trout. They are much cheaper than minnows and leaches per mass. You don't need to use a whole shrimp, just some white meat ... and if the fish aren't biting you have lunch. They don't seem to work very well in the summer.

SwampShark
08-10-2009, 05:04 PM
For worms, I recommend your garden.

SuCraM
08-11-2009, 03:12 PM
For worms, I recommend your garden.
X2 I water the garden for a few minutes and come back out after dark with a flashlight and they are all on the top just sitting there. I usually yield about 100 worms each outing.

WillyP
08-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Not sure where in the North End you are, but around 114 avenue and about 65 Street if I recall, go out on a rainy night with a flashlight, and walk the back alleys around this area, you will find hundreds of big crawlers in the dirt behind fences etc. Costs nothing but your time.

alodar
08-14-2009, 08:52 PM
where abouts you fishing in the NSR in the north end?

I fish it right close to hermitage park up and down just past the train bridge a ways and back up along across from the power plant..

-JR-
08-15-2009, 07:35 AM
Has it got better up there .Good hole just under the power lines.
I always get my worms on 118 ave and must be 44 st or so at the gas station besides the vidio store. I think it is a Husky now! Have to open up the containers and look at the worms .some are half dead .