PDA

View Full Version : Too good to be true it is!!

jjstar
08-10-2009, 02:22 PM
I have been looking for a boat for a while. I was checking out the Edmonton Buy and sell and they have these "awesome" deals for newer boats. I asked for more info from 2 different people. Both had the exact same response just different name. "I lost my job in Montana and had to go back to Glasgow Scotland. I need some money for my boat. If you send me $xxxx.00 I will have it shipped to you after I recieve the money. If I had not lost my job I would never part with it." This is cr@& do not send them money.... No I did not give them money, and neither should you!!

If you must throw your money away I have a bridge for sale over the Beaver creek. Cheap!!! Great fishin!! Honest!!:evilgrin::evilgrin:

jusfloatin
08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
The worst part as you will find out you are now on there mailing list and you will be spammed. I learnt that lesson a couple of months ago and since have been recieving spam from this *****.

tbosch
08-10-2009, 04:19 PM
I had a fella make me an offer on my car via email and then proceed to send me a money order for 6000 more than what we agreed on. He said he made a mistake and asked that I send him the balance back. I took the money order to the rcmp fraud dept and they said it was a fake money order and he would have cancelled the money order after and I would have been out 6000 out of my pocket.

Cal
08-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Had the same thing when shopping for a used car this spring, 06-08 cars with hardly any kilometers on them in the Canada Auto trader for less than 5000. Only email addresses and no phone numbers though so I was a little sceptical, emailed a few of them and while not identical responses they had the same kind of sob storys that you are describing which were similar enough that I didnt bother replying back. Not even sure what the scam was since some of them said they would send the car b4 I had to pay for it but I'm sure there was somthing sneaky going on like tbosh's experience.