PDA

View Full Version : AO Gathering - Caroline

Sandalius
08-11-2009, 05:42 PM
With the gathering being just over a week away it might be a good idea to get a better idea of who's actually coming. Now I will be going out there early ( probably Thurs ) to get some things set up and to get a bunch of wood together ...ect. Now if we do get quite a few people coming out we might have to change the location to a larger area as this one is pretty narrow( but it's not a problem - there are a few bigger spots just a few kms farther down the road ), we will have to get a better tally of who's actually coming. If we do change the location you will be notified accordingly and we will post some extra signs on the road to the spot. As it stands we have 10ish people confirmed and about 11 or so unsure on attendance. So please post or PM if your are going to make it out.

Here is a list of people who said they were coming

Sandalius
jts1
Michelle
Slingshotz
bushman53
Wayne Christie
TheFishermanGuy
flygirl
tonyflyfish
calgarygringo
Mr Dave

Here is a list of people interested but unsure if they can attend
I apologize if I missed anyone

nicemustang
redneck posse
BBJ
Rollie
ice hunter
Treeguy
DarkAisling
cujo1969
fishing flower
silent spectator
dmckay

There has been quite a bit of interest in this gathering and I'm happy to see so many people wanting to get together and share experiences with one and other. However as some of the recent happenings on the board and some of the comments and PM's I've received ( here are some samples - I'm an " azzhole " and " the bad apple ", " every post you put up wastes everybody's time ", but the best one is " people like you ruin sites like this for every one else " ) makes me wonder why I bother doing all this work to bring people together to share info and stories. I have met some first class people on here and I hope to meet more, unfortunately I cannot see this happening cause I'm pretty sure that after this gathering I will be done with this site. ( though it's not confirmed just yet ) The comments didn't hurt my feeling ( notice singular not plural )( and some might even be true ) I'm just sick and tired of all the Bull Sh!t that goes on here !!

So please - lets keep this thread on discussions about attendance, food, who's bringing what - things of that nature ----- save the rest for the gathering.

ACM
08-11-2009, 07:13 PM
I was not going to get to the gathering but am going to see if I can swing it and will PM you.
I thank you for all teh work you do and its greatly appreciated!!! Many many thanks
Ignore the *******es etc as they will always surface from time to time because you can hide behind a computer if thats their desire.
Hope to see youthere
Chuck

WayneChristie
08-11-2009, 07:58 PM
X2 ignore the dicks, its unfortunate that just any clown who can type, and some who cant even do that very well, can get into a good forum like this one and try to ruin things for the good people. I will be there, should have some corn ready by then too so I will bring some of that along. I will leave early Thursday so should be there by noon or ish. I have a screen house I will bring so we can cover a table if someone has one in case it rains. Hopefully the squirrels arent like the gophers at PCR and eat holes in it too . :lol:

Sandalius
08-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Just a reminder the dates are !!!!! AUG 21, 22, 23 !!!!

tonyflyfish
08-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Well I am going to be there for sure-as Steve and JTS know I don't like being late so will hopefully get up there Tues or Wed. I will park the trailer where I am told and will do my best to behave. If I am one of the ones messing this board up I will listen to one of the respected members (like Mr dominat wolf Steve). I sometimes get funny on here and maybe that is irriatting some. Some of the others are just a pain in my derrier.

I don't have much to offer the group but do have a 3 burner chief chef thingy and will haul the jon boat and a pontoon boat. Anyone is welcome to share this.

I am excited to meet some more of the crew.
Tony in Edm

tonyflyfish
08-11-2009, 09:15 PM
oops

tonyflyfish
08-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I forget that I do have one thing to share-I am a non drinker but have a 40 oz Bailey's for your coffees.

calgarygringo
08-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Since we are getting close and I believe we talked of maybe another pot luck dinner how about those who are coming put in some ideas for food. Just so everyone doesn't bring the same things. My wife is my food person and would like to get going on her menu. We will be leaving after breakfast Thursday so should be there by late morning. Just bringing the trailer this time and maybe do some stream fishin so the wife can ride shotgun.
I will have my 4k genny with me if anyone needs power to cook or anything special as well as the 3 burner campchef. I see Tony has as well. Let's try to figure it out as the last time was an awesme dinner. How about any other ideas. Last time a couple of us did filet fish demos. Any other informative ideas would be great.
P.S. to Steve: Awesome job last time and was well appreciated. My dogs probably don't know where they came frome but their moose sicles are a favorite treat right now.....

Ken

tonyflyfish
08-11-2009, 09:34 PM
I also have a Honda 3000 somthing or other that anyone can hook up to. I would like to participate in the pot luck. I will bring anything I am told or can offer to do somthing. Should someone coordinate this? Steve is doing a lot already, I nominate Ken-all in favor say "I".

WayneChristie
08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
like I mentioned, I can bring corn, and salad greens for sure. and some more "better than Hutterite" spuds too.

calgarygringo
08-11-2009, 09:43 PM
How about send me a pm and I will try to keep and updated list in one spot on the board so we know what we have. I will just edit the list to try to keep it up to date. I will be away camping in Bragg creek area from tomorrow morning until friday afternoon but can update before and after.

baitfisher83
08-11-2009, 11:14 PM
guess i'm not part of even the maybe pile :P guess you're hoping to keep your trailers safe

Sandalius
08-11-2009, 11:22 PM
guess i'm not part of even the maybe pile :P guess you're hoping to keep your trailers safe

Well actually I did forget to write your name down , however I knew if you made it out - you would be bunking with Michelle and wouldn't have an extra vehicle there.

baitfisher83
08-11-2009, 11:23 PM
does Michelle know this???lol

calgarygringo
08-11-2009, 11:27 PM
So are you coming or still on the maybe pile as I saw a few days back????

Sandalius
08-11-2009, 11:43 PM
OK to keep things simple - everything that's food related go to calgarygringo's
page ( here's the link )

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=38954

For everthing else such as attendance, who's bringing what ....ect - post it here or PM me

Sandalius
08-11-2009, 11:47 PM
does Michelle know this???lol

She is your friend - didn't you ask her ???

flygirrl
08-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Will be there with camper on truck prob thur also.

baitfisher83
08-12-2009, 08:15 AM
i wont find out until tomorrow if i can go or not...Michelle knows i want to but i'm not sure she wants another dent in her trailer...dont know where i put the first one...

Jack&7
08-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Well, I wish I could attend but I have other stuff scheduled. If it turns out anything like the one at PCR, it will be a great time....guaranteed. I was going to say please keep me in mind for the next one, but after reading what has been going on, it sounds like there may not be a "next one". I really hope that isn't the case because I was really looking forward to a one-day ice fishing get-together somewhere this winter.

It baffles me why someone would want to trash somebody else for taking the lead and arranging such an excellent gathering. So I guess to those of you that are doing the whining and complaining, I say, "STAY HOME!" The people I met at the PCR gathering were excellent and I would fish with them anywhere...anytime.

So to those that are going to Caroline...have a great time and best of luck with the weather and the fishing!

Rollie
08-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Unfortunatly you can wipe my name off the list, seems I have to wk. Too bad as I was really looking forward to it.

herb
08-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Hi all I am learning about stream fishing with an open faced spinning rod in the Caroline area and plan on fishing hard August 20-22. My wife and I might be interested in joining you guys, but I don't fly fish. Is that kind of fishing frowned upon.

WayneChristie
08-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Hi all I am learning about stream fishing with an open faced spinning rod in the Caroline area and plan on fishing hard August 20-22. My wife and I might be interested in joining you guys, but I don't fly fish. Is that kind of fishing frowned upon.

feel free to join us, there are no fishing snobs in this group. I spin too, sometimes even when Im fishing!!!! :lol:

flygirrl
08-13-2009, 08:39 AM

:wave:This group is all about FRIENDSHIP and learning new and different ways of fishing.
I both flyfish and baitfish and Im not a snob when I do either. I treat everyone the same, with respect, when Im doing either. There will be a lot of people there that spinfish and some that will flyfish. Your more than welcome but let Sundalus know you are going if your bringing a camper. This gathering will be a lot of fun:lol:. Just be careful of the spinning wayne, especialy after dark:lol::lol::lol:

flygirrl
08-13-2009, 08:41 AM
To all whom may comment on the BAITFISH line, dont bother, Im from N.B. what can I sayLOLOLOL. Spinfish

tonyflyfish
08-13-2009, 11:08 AM
i am a snob! i sometime spin fish somtimes bait fish and sometimes just join the group for friendship and bull ****. actually watching my flyfish is a comdey show so please come along and enjoy.

MrDave
08-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Certainly looking forward to this. I have to work Friday and plan on making it Saturday in A.M.. I will need a medium sized site.

As for the idiots who knock people down on here, they should come to this gathering and see what we are about. I, too, have came close to deleting myself from here. But I keep coming back.?

herb
08-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Thank you Wayne, Flygirl and Tony. I'm not sure how long I can stick around after my fishing trip as my wife may not be able to get Thurs and Fri off. I would like to meet up with someone knowledgeable about stream fishing the Caroline area Thursday afternoon to share a favorite fishing spot(I have a doosy) and fish with that evening or EARLY Friday morning, or both. Maybe we could head to the get together afterwards and contribute our catch to the evening meal before I head back to Edmonton. Please PM me if you are interested.

WayneChristie
08-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Herb Im always up for some stream fishing, I will be there around noon Thursday. Picked up a pack of Panther Martins, probably give them a go, I seem to catch a few on those, and maybe use my favorite whitefish weapon as well.

baitfisher83
08-13-2009, 05:21 PM
I will be going if i can find a way there friday after work....or saturday but friday night is the earliest i can go...

WayneChristie
08-13-2009, 08:13 PM
OK, for those of you who are members of this forum, whether fishing, hunting, trapping, or just bored and like to read all the posts: If you are sitting on the fence about coming to this gathering, and you dont have to be just fishing people, we would like to extend a welcome to everyone. Come to the gathering, and meet some friends. We might not be friends before we meet, but we will be afterwards, there are a lot of great people in this forum, and we are all well worth meeting. We throw a mean potluck, and have a great time. We pick on some of us, but we are adults, and thats part of the fun of it, we can laugh at each other, and at ourselves too. Thats what makes life interesting!!!!

jts1
08-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Good food, good people, good times. Looks like we have a good turn out thus far. Even if you are not looking to stay a night or two out there Come on up for the day. We will have young and good looking "me" :wave: Old and....well old. Trucker mouths , dock dwellers , Fly fishers , spin fishers. tall short fat and jolly. Every1 is more that welcome out there. I have done a few of these now and they just keep getting better and better. Its not to far from us south guys , and close so you northern fellas can come out as well and learn a thing or two..:evilgrin: There will be something for everyone up there. I hope to see you all. Anything I can do for any of you just send me a PM more than happy to help.

WayneChristie
08-13-2009, 09:24 PM
If anyone needs a roof over their head, I will have a tent they can use. also a propane stove.

baitfisher83
08-13-2009, 09:25 PM
nah i think i'll stick with the siding over my head :lol:

Trout tracker
08-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Looks like I'm in guys :evilgrin: Talked to the better half, I'm flyin solo, yikes ;). Is there room for a 30' trailer still? I will have room in the trailer for a couple people if needed. Also have a big a##ed deep fryer I can bring along.

baitfisher83
08-13-2009, 10:07 PM
where are you coming from and what time are you leaving?

Trout tracker
08-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Little worried about my trailer :D

baitfisher83
08-13-2009, 10:14 PM
sigh forget it, i dont know why i bother

Trout tracker
08-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Sorry baitfisher, no disrespect. Just taken the p#$% out of you. I will probally leavr thursday night.

baitfisher83
08-13-2009, 10:20 PM
figures, i wish i had the jobs everyone else seems to...

jts1
08-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Little worried about my trailer :D

We will get you in there dont wry. If there are 2 many peeps we have a back up site a few km down the road that we will all move to.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Add me Redneck posse and my " Girly friend " to the list. and possibly James M

Also I will bring my 2 burner Camp Chef . I hope someones got a coffee pot . if not let me know so I can go buy one of them perkulators.

Wondering if anyone else is interested in bringing there shotguns and a box of clays to have a little compitian , rather then the folks who dont wanna fish. . I will keep my eyeballs glued to this thread as its offical Ill be there . BBJ , Redneck posse , Jts , Wayne & Sandalius , should make things very interesting to say the least.

jts1
08-14-2009, 07:59 AM
Add me Redneck posse and my " Girly friend " to the list. and possibly James M

Also I will bring my 2 burner Camp Chef . I hope someones got a coffee pot . if not let me know so I can go buy one of them perkulators.

Wondering if anyone else is interested in bringing there shotguns and a box of clays to have a little compitian , rather then the folks who dont wanna fish. . I will keep my eyeballs glued to this thread as its offical Ill be there . BBJ , Redneck posse , Jts , Wayne & Sandalius , should make things very interesting to say the least.

LOL that is some crew aint it.

bowhunterAJ
08-14-2009, 10:24 AM
I am interested in coming, do we have directions to this place, i have never been.

Sandalius
08-14-2009, 10:57 AM
I am interested in coming, do we have directions to this place, i have never been.

This is the link to the map, you can view it and all the other posts on the the " Another AO Gathering " thread

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=109989949620658513257.00046ff8b971a238eeefd&z=8

08-14-2009, 11:00 AM

MMMMMHMMMM :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I pitty the countryside for about 50 mile radius.

Albertadiver
08-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Going to be at a wedding, but better warn you guys that BBJ's camp attire involves camo speedos....

08-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Going to be at a wedding, but better warn you guys that BBJ's camp attire involves camo speedos....

I told you to shut up and not tell them !!!!!! sheesh

jts1
08-14-2009, 11:37 AM

I think I heard something about Steve and a pink thong as well. Ewwwwwww

flygirrl
08-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Think I'LL bring my huge sungl*****......................LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

michelle
08-14-2009, 02:15 PM

I have a coffee pot!

Maybe I will park closer to the group this time so I do not make a trail back and forth this time, he.he.:D

08-14-2009, 04:27 PM
I have a coffee pot!

Maybe I will park closer to the group this time so I do not make a trail back and forth this time, he.he.:D

If you bring your coffee pot Ill bring the Coffee .

WayneChristie
08-14-2009, 05:25 PM
if you bring the coffee pot and the coffee I will drink it :lol: sounds like a good time. Zuchinni boats and all. Michelle closer is better, keep Christine from getting up too much speed this time :evilgrin: and only a 50 mile radius? people in Red Deer will probably get run over by panicked wildlife!!!!!!

baitfisher83
08-14-2009, 05:29 PM
speedos????damnit i think i'm gonna need alot more booze for this....i wont sleep for a week thinking of steve in a pink thong...

WayneChristie
08-14-2009, 05:38 PM
me either but for different reasons!!!:sick::sick::sick:

baitfisher83
08-14-2009, 05:41 PM
i didnt mean that in a good way ya dork

Sandalius
08-14-2009, 06:49 PM
speedos????damnit i think i'm gonna need alot more booze for this....i wont sleep for a week thinking of steve in a pink thong...

Pretty sure that anyone else around you isn't gonna get much sleep either, with all the humming from the new batteries....:lol:

i didnt mean that in a good way ya dork

There is never a good way to put it....:lol:

flygirrl
08-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Whew you guys can wear a girl out LOL

baitfisher83
08-14-2009, 07:00 PM
humming from the new batteries???just because i dont wanna see you in a thong...

DarkAisling
08-14-2009, 08:01 PM
We're out. I've broken a toe and there is no way I'm going to struggle with it while camping. Sorry. Last time I broke this toe it took four weeks for it to heal to the point where I could walk properly.

cujo1969
08-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Dam sounds like fun but im pretty sure i will be sitting in a combine by then. Maybe make it for a day/nite bring my pillow have sooze in the truck.

WayneChristie
08-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Dam sounds like fun but im pretty sure i will be sitting in a combine by then. Maybe make it for a day/nite bring my pillow have sooze in the truck.

make it if you can, from the sounds of it there will be some major soozing going on!!!! :lol: or is that boozing, or maybe both!!!! :evilgrin:

alodar
08-14-2009, 11:39 PM
sounds like a ton of fun, Unfortunately I don't have a way to get out there. Living in Edmonton and no car.

08-15-2009, 01:15 AM
We're out. I've broken a toe and there is no way I'm going to struggle with it while camping. Sorry. Last time I broke this toe it took four weeks for it to heal to the point where I could walk properly.

Tape it up get a bottle od JD and youll be fine LOL .

jts1
08-15-2009, 01:56 AM
Shoot come up and hop around for the weekend

08-15-2009, 01:58 AM
Shoot come up and hop around for the weekend

Lol no doubt I got a crushed joint in my ankle and im still goin . mind you my stupid foot doesnt stop me from much.

BBC0
08-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Broken toe...............ouch!

WayneChristie
08-16-2009, 04:17 PM
just bottled 30 bottles of wine, I will bring some along for sure, its pretty good actually! aktchewally, achewally, you know whut I mea:evilgrin:n!!!!!

calgarygringo
08-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Should I add to the food menu or does this not fall under that category? Maybe we should test it for purity Thursday and Friday before everyone else gets there to be sure it is ok.

baitfisher83
08-16-2009, 06:15 PM
you can have my share...lmao

WayneChristie
08-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Should I add to the food menu or does this not fall under that category? Maybe we should test it for purity Thursday and Friday before everyone else gets there to be sure it is ok.

I just went thru a bottle and a half. if it aint pure, I really dont care, or do I? Hmmm, either way its pretty darn good!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D I better bring more now, the guys showing up on the weekend might want to try it too :lol:

WayneChristie
08-16-2009, 07:07 PM
while weeding the cornpatch, decided I was kinda hungry so I pulled off a couple ears. (corn not mine) and threw them on the bbq in the husks. That was soooooo good I felt like I should be lighting up a cigarette afterwards, they should be even better by the weekend. Wine, corn and spuds, oh yah.

tonyflyfish
08-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Wayne I think you need a glass of wine!
tony

WayneChristie
08-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Wayne I think you need a glass of wine!
tony

you are a man of rare wisdom Tony!!!! looking forward to meeting you and more new friends this week! :D

08-17-2009, 12:45 AM
you are a man of rare wisdom Tony!!!! looking forward to meeting you and more new friends this week! :D

no doubt hey its gonna be fun .

calgarygringo
08-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Check the weather for this week. Should be great for camping out.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-16_metric_e.html

flygirrl
08-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Check the weather for this week. Should be great for camping out.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-16_metric_e.html
You guys gotta remember, this is Rocky Mountian House, It snowed in the west country the other night, the mountians have some snow on them:D. Bring your, fur coat:lol:, long johns:lol:, sweaters:lol:, fly dope:lol:, and shorts. Be kind wayne, I know your going to make a comment about Jeff and his pink something or others. :innocent:Anyone have a camo ginch? Might get some good pics for Wild TV......:lol::lol::lol::innocent:

jts1
08-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

tonyflyfish
08-17-2009, 02:09 PM
what Jeff meant was: Meeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooow

nicemustang
08-17-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm officialy out. I have hockey playoffs this weekend with a game on Friday night and Saturday afternoon with possible 2 games Sunday. Sorry all, would have liked to make it.

08-17-2009, 02:52 PM
You guys gotta remember, this is Rocky Mountian House, It snowed in the west country the other night, the mountians have some snow on them:D. Bring your, fur coat:lol:, long johns:lol:, sweaters:lol:, fly dope:lol:, and shorts. Be kind wayne, I know your going to make a comment about Jeff and his pink something or others. :innocent:Anyone have a camo ginch? Might get some good pics for Wild TV......
Actually I do Own 3 pair of Camo Boxers :D:D:D:D

I'm officialy out. I have hockey playoffs this weekend with a game on Friday night and Saturday afternoon with possible 2 games Sunday. Sorry all, would have liked to make it.

LOL Hockey smockey , That sounds like an Excuse someone from Calgary would lose .

nicemustang
08-17-2009, 02:58 PM
BBJ, no worries. I pay $500 to play hockey and that's money I don't like wasting, the final games of the year. Sorry but sometimes you have to set priorities and it's too far for me to go just for a few hours.

hal53
08-17-2009, 03:01 PM
BBJ, no worries. I pay $500 to play hockey and that's money I don't like wasting, the final games of the year. Sorry but sometimes you have to set priorities and it's too far for me to go just for a few hours.
there's gonna be Beer there???????.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Beer!!!!!

08-17-2009, 03:03 PM
there's gonna be Beer there???????.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Beer!!!!!

Hal you gonna be making the Trip ? Would be cool to meet ya . As well as some of these Flamer supporters . :lol::lol::lol::lol:

nicemustang
08-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Flamers are still better than coilers, they look terrible LOL.

hal53
08-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Hal you gonna be making the Trip ? Would be cool to meet ya . As well as some of these Flamer supporters . :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Still trying to work things out, this oilfield crap has a way of getting in the way....should know for sure mid-Wekk, rain the last few days didn't help...GGRRRRRRRRR!!!!! BTW. I've been an oilers fan since those camo boxers u have had 3 corners and somebody else was changing them for you:lol::lol::lol:

flygirrl
08-17-2009, 03:23 PM
bbj: Actually I do Own 3 pair of Camo Boxers:D:D:D

Well! I hear that Alberta Outdoorsman Magazine is looking for stories, I'll be the photographer and write the reviews, so everyone bring your camo ginch's, What do you think that story would read like :innocent::innocent::innocent:

WAYNE SHUSSSSSSSSSSSH:wave::wave::lol::lol:

08-17-2009, 03:34 PM
:obbj: Actually I do Own 3 pair of Camo Boxers:D:

Well! I hear that Alberta Outdoorsman Magazine is looking for stories, I'll be the photographer and write the reviews, so everyone bring your camo ginch's, What do you think that story would read like :innocent::innocent::innocent:

WAYNE SHUSSSSSSSSSSSH:wave:lol:

We dont need to scar anyone , by seeing the full moon . :lol::lol::lol:
Then agian put a 40 of rum threw me ill do damn near anything .

FishFearMe
08-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Herb Im always up for some stream fishing, I will be there around noon Thursday. Picked up a pack of Panther Martins, probably give them a go, I seem to catch a few on those, and maybe use my favorite whitefish weapon as well.

any hints on the whitefish weapon???

08-17-2009, 04:42 PM
any hints on the whitefish weapon???

lol bow & arrow

FishFearMe
08-17-2009, 04:47 PM
LOL...kind of like practicing gaff & release...

tonyflyfish
08-17-2009, 05:04 PM
There was a pic of BBJ's butt on channel two and when I switched to channel three it was still there-I had to get to channel 5 to get rid of it-I sure hope this BBJ guy has a sense of humor!
Oilers will be better now that we don't have a woman coaching.

WayneChristie
08-17-2009, 05:09 PM
dynamite , works every time LOL

Sandalius
08-17-2009, 05:59 PM
OK everyone, with the amount of people coming to the gathering. We are going to change the location to a bigger site.

!!!! DON"T FREAK OUT !!!!

It's only a couple kms farther down the road, we just don't know exactly which spot we will be at till Wednesday afternoon.

We will post the new location on here and there will be signs posted on the roads on Thursday - so you can't get lost :lol:

flygirrl
08-17-2009, 07:22 PM
There was a pic of BBJ's butt on channel two and when I switched to channel three it was still there-I had to get to channel 5 to get rid of it-I sure hope this BBJ guy has a sense of humor!
Oilers will be better now that we don't have a woman
coaching.

Oh lord, not one of them,:lol: Whatever them are:lol:

baitfisher83
08-17-2009, 07:24 PM
OK everyone, with the amount of people coming to the gathering. We are going to change the location to a bigger site.

It's only a couple kms farther down the road, we just don't know exactly which spot we will be at till Wednesday afternoon.

We will post the new location on here and there will be signs posted on the roads on Thursday - so you can't get lost :lol:

I knew you'd try to hide...lmfao

Sandalius
08-17-2009, 07:30 PM
I knew you'd try to hide...lmfao

ONLY FROM YOU :D
Trying so save my trailer from any dents :lol::lol:

08-17-2009, 08:09 PM

Well yall put out a sign of some sort so us outta towners and never beeners know where the hell were going . Also question # 2 is the area Van worthy or will I have to take my truck .

WayneChristie
08-17-2009, 08:31 PM
what time Wednesday? As long as we know by later in the evening, I want to head out real early Thursday, and I can get lost easy :D

flygirrl
08-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Roads good for van, hell the road is better than some paved highways, and wayne if you meet me at the Clearwater Store you cant get lost assuming after the knock on the head you can find the store lol, you'll be with me and many have tried to lose me but I stick like a wet t shirt LOL

calgarygringo
08-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Maybe especially for some of us leaving Thursday morn early a cell number would be great just in case. If Jeff is tagging along I have his but not yours, assuming we have service back there. I know when we bush camp in back behind Burntstick we have to be in certain spots before we can get service.

Thanks
Ken

WayneChristie
08-17-2009, 09:17 PM
store, store :confused:

flygirrl
08-17-2009, 09:20 PM
store, store :confused:

:lol::lol:See See I told you to get that knock on the head checked out, you'll prob catch a 2 inch perch at Cow Lake and think its a 2lber :evilgrin:

WayneChristie
08-17-2009, 09:21 PM
:lol::lol:See See I told you to get that knock on the head checked out, you'll prob catch a 2 inch perch at Cow Lake and think its a 2lber :evilgrin:

as long as it puts up a good fight :tongue2:

tonyflyfish
08-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Dear Ms Flygirl! You were not supposed to see the coached by a woman part. Why do you have to have such astute eyesight? Couldn't you have ignored the comment?
Tonyflyfish with foot in mouth

baitfisher83
08-17-2009, 09:57 PM
hahah you can put the other foot in for me tony...

WayneChristie
08-17-2009, 10:05 PM
hahah you can put the other foot in for me tony...

:evilgrin:

Sandalius
08-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Well yall put out a sign of some sort so us outta towners and never beeners know where the hell were going . Also question # 2 is the area Van worthy or will I have to take my truck .

YES John, I will put up some signs for the out of towners :lol::lol:

AS for #2 - you could bring the van, the road is good - but you might get laughed even more, cause we are going to laugh at you for being a " coilers " fan anyways :lol::lol:

baitfisher83
08-17-2009, 10:08 PM
ONLY FROM YOU :D
Trying so save my trailer from any dents :lol::lol:

So yer hiding in your trailer this time???lol

tonyflyfish
08-17-2009, 10:10 PM
how come the sign on the Hwy says Hyw 2 Calgary 1?
of course there is the bra joke.
lets see now-Jerome-Edm, Dion-Edm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
why do you call them Coilers? roll up and play dead?
now we turfed MacTavish we will at least have some respect-oh this is supposed to be a fishing post-damn!

08-17-2009, 10:10 PM
YES John, I will put up some signs for the out of towners :lol::lol:

AS for #2 - you could bring the van, the road is good - but you might get laughed even more, cause we are going to laugh at you for being a " coilers " fan anyways :lol::lol:

Easy now tiger . I rock the mini van esspecially for 3 people plus all our gear .

Albertadiver
08-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Easy now tiger . I rock the mini van esspecially for 3 people plus all our gear .

yes.... yes you do......

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr214/albertadiver/48621612_redvanforsale.jpg

tonyflyfish
08-17-2009, 10:19 PM
all 4 tires are the same-can't be a Calgary van.

08-17-2009, 10:22 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

tonyflyfish
08-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey BBJ! I think that is the flames team bus-look at the color and the signage-we better not mock it-is that the Sutter family flag on the back?

Sandalius
08-17-2009, 10:26 PM
yes.... yes you do......

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr214/albertadiver/48621612_redvanforsale.jpg

That's awesome thanks Albertadiver

How can you tell all the tires are the same ???
I only see two - pretty sure this was a referance to an Edmonpuke van

Hey Tony weren't you looking for new tires ?? ( all 4 matching )

tonyflyfish
08-17-2009, 10:28 PM
men my age can see things others can't

Sandalius
08-17-2009, 10:31 PM
men my age can see things others can't

Yeah like holes in your camo underwear :lol::lol::lol:
It's no wonder you and BBJ get along so good :lol:

tonyflyfish
08-17-2009, 10:32 PM
you were peeking? bad bad boy

baitfisher83
08-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Steve always peeks.....lmao

Sandalius
08-17-2009, 10:58 PM
you were peeking? bad bad boy

Nope sorry, I heard that about all you guys from up " north " :lol:

Steve always peeks.....lmao

Nope, but I'm sure that you ( and your humming batteries ) wish I did :lol:

baitfisher83
08-17-2009, 11:01 PM
i dont have any humming batteries...sorry to disappoint you

08-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Nope sorry, I heard that about all you guys from up " north " :lol:

Nope, but I'm sure that you ( and your humming batteries ) wish I did :lol:

Ah boy This could be very interesting. Hides the extra batterys from Baitfisher.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

baitfisher83
08-17-2009, 11:47 PM
i have no idea where the hell this reference even came from...

bushman53
08-18-2009, 06:16 AM
looks like i'll be working this weekend but i'm not far away so going to try and get there in the evenings to meet and hear the fish stories

flygirrl
08-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Dear Ms Flygirl! You were not supposed to see the coached by a woman part. Why do you have to have such astute eyesight? Couldn't you have ignored the comment?
Tonyflyfish with foot in mouth

:evilgrin:I just happened to have my gl***** on:lol:

WayneChristie
08-18-2009, 08:39 AM
still seeing stars and cant turn my head, but still looking forward to the gathering. Hmmmm that makes me think of a bunch of weirdos in long black hooded capes crowded around a fire chanting , wait that was the last gathering! :lol:

jts1
08-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Wife has some signs made up for you Steve. Should be no probs finding the campsite. You can pick them up my house on your way past or at her work today.

jts1
08-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Great info for gathering. Thank you to Jody for your post.

http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=39432

The Fisherman Guy
08-18-2009, 02:32 PM
I hate to say it folks, but I am unfortunately,out. Which sucks, I really REALLY wanted to:

a)Outshine my previously acquired screaming nickname.
b)Do some cooking, for real this time.
c)Film Baitfisher crashes, and rise to Youtube stardom.
d)Drink Waynes wine until I can see through time.

But as it stands, apparently I have spent too much time in the sticks, and the girlie has put an end to my camping this weekend.

Wish I could be there for what is certainly going to be a gooder!! Take plenty of pics, and I am not alone, in hopes to hear some good stories!!!

Have fun folks, try to keep the Battle of Alberta feuds until the next morning when you have all consumed "too much medicine to care anymore". :evilgrin:

HOW COULD THEY GIT RID OF BERT??????!?!?!?!

JohninAB
08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
So I am sort of contemplating showing up for a day but need to know, any lakes close to this area one can dump a 16 foot side console fishing boat in to? Cow Lake, Burntstick?

flygirrl
08-18-2009, 02:52 PM
So I am sort of contemplating showing up for a day but need to know, any lakes close to this area one can dump a 16 foot side console fishing boat in to? Cow Lake, Burntstick?
:innocent:Yup about 12 km away is Swan Lake, lakers and Pike. Burntstick is about 1/2 hour away and Cow Lake is abut 45 min....:wave:

JohninAB
08-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Are they some sort of directions to the rendevouz point? I would stay the weekend but the nephew has my big truck so cannot pull my fifth wheel down and the ex has my tent and sleeping bags etc so that idea is out too! LOL

Lakers you say, drats do not have my downriggers mounted as of yet, oh well a 3 way swivel and some weight and away we go.

jts1
08-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Are they some sort of directions to the rendevouz point? I would stay the weekend but the nephew has my big truck so cannot pull my fifth wheel down and the ex has my tent and sleeping bags etc so that idea is out too! LOL

Lakers you say, drats do not have my downriggers mounted as of yet, oh well a 3 way swivel and some weight and away we go.

Got a tent you can use if need b

flygirrl
08-18-2009, 03:02 PM

If you want to come and stay the weekend , dont worry, bring yourself, blanket and pillow. :innocent:Lots of extra tents will be there, Im bringing my camper and an extra tent so if ya need a roof over your head you'll have one:lol:. The directions are, hwy 54 west of caroline, Swan lake rd, on the right, will be lots of signs on the road once you get to Swan Lake....Oh ya bring your sense of humor:tongue2:

JohninAB
08-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Other than my devlish good looks, wit and charm anything else I need to bring if I plan to sleep over? Like what is the deal with meals, we all fend for ourselves or communal type deal?

Oh and I will have my sense of humour as I may be the only bright light in the crowd of Oilers and Flames fans! Go HABS Go!

Thanks for the offer of a tent jts1 and flygirl, mucho appreciated. I can snag a sleeping bag and find an air matress as my fancy army cot is, you guessed it, at the ex's! LOL I may sneak down then Friday afternoon from work.

I would bring my flyrod but not sure if i should endanger anyone's life there trying to cast it.

jts1
08-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Other than my devlish good looks, wit and charm anything else I need to bring if I plan to sleep over? Like what is the deal with meals, we all fend for ourselves or communal type deal?

Oh and I will have my sense of humour as I may be the only bright light in the crowd of Oilers and Flames fans! Go HABS Go!

Thanks for the offer of a tent jts1 and flygirl, mucho appreciated. I can snag a sleeping bag and find an air matress as my fancy army cot is, you guessed it, at the ex's! LOL I may sneak down then Friday afternoon from work.

I would bring my flyrod but not sure if i should endanger anyone's life there trying to cast it.

OILERS ?? FLAMES?? HABS ?? What the hell is going on around here. Where are all the Detroit fans GO WINGS!!! I can see some 1 is going to get 2 mins in the box.

08-18-2009, 03:32 PM
OILERS ?? FLAMES?? HABS ?? What the hell is going on around here. Where are all the Detroit fans GO WINGS!!! I can see some 1 is going to get 2 mins in the box.

Go Stars go .

LOL

John im planning on taking my 10 man tent im sure there will be room , Kevin me and my " FRIEND " so there will be room for you , im sure Kevin could use someone to cuddle with after his tour around Alberta today :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Im kind of excited to test this tent out . Hopefully we dont get that stormy weather to which there calling for Friday night . Ah well could be fun .

jodycanfish
08-18-2009, 03:44 PM
I have posted some info from my 2 weeks in Caroline camping hope it helps also I posted some info under AO gathering Caroline info: Take care if you need any more info let me know.Cheers JODY

flygirrl
08-18-2009, 03:54 PM

:evilgrin:Why not, Im going to give a flycasting demonstration and try to hook someone, maybe wayne with his swelled head!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
As far as food goes, bring what you want, there will be lots of BBQ's around so dont drag one and camp stoves for cooking on, we are having a pot luck supper prob on Sat but no fixed time yet. Calgarygringo has a tread for the pot luck as to who is bringing what. I suspect if its like the last gathering you will be well fed. I was and it was great as Im the one usually cooking on my family outings.:lol::innocent::innocent:

Sandalius
08-18-2009, 03:54 PM
I have the marker stakes and the signs.
I will pound them into the ditches along the road on Thursday on my way in. All's you city folk have to do is follow the arrows :lol::lol:

I will be leaving here tomorrow in the AM ( Wednesday ) so I
won't see any PMs or posts after today.

EVERYBODY DRIVE SAFE

SEE YOU ALL THERE :D:evilgrin::innocent:

flygirrl
08-18-2009, 03:57 PM
I will pound them into the ditches along the road on Thursday on my way in. All's you city folk have to do is follow the arrows :lol::lol:

EVERYBODY DRIVE SAFE

:evilgrin:Steve, dont get lost :lol:and put those stakes were there not supposed to be, those city slickers:evilgrin:will be totally confused:lol:
See ya on thurs.... have a happy day:wave:

Sandalius
08-18-2009, 04:00 PM
I might go for a drive and put up a few extras :evilgrin:
just to see who takes the LONG WAY around:lol:

08-18-2009, 04:00 PM

EVERYBODY DRIVE SAFE

It would be easy If I had my GPS but my mother is gone in the south of the province for work and wanted to use it , so she has it . It would be no problem with a GPS . Ive fished Burnstick , and Cow lake but never or at least dont think ive been to where were headed . I appreciate helping us folk out .

flygirrl
08-18-2009, 04:04 PM
I might go for a drive and put up a few extras :evilgrin:
just to see who takes the LONG WAY around:lol:

:lol:That would be very very funny!!!!!!!!!!! Dont worry BBJ we'll look out for ya, you cant get lost.:p:D As long as your in Alberta you know where you are:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

JohninAB
08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Well if I bring my flyrod, those attending the disaster known as John casting it will have to sign a waiver releasing me from any legal liability for injuries incurred by moi flailing away!

flygirrl
08-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Well if I bring my flyrod, those attending the disaster known as John casting it will have to sign a waiver releasing me from any legal liability for injuries incurred by moi flailing away!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D:D

08-18-2009, 04:14 PM

Well Crap if thats the case im bringing a helmet for me too :lol::lol: and safety goggles , Sorry Baitfisher I was gonna lend you my football helmet but Nope I gotta now use it for precautionary reasons .

hockeyfish
08-18-2009, 04:52 PM
becareful of meeting random people on the internet. theres creeps all over the place

08-18-2009, 05:00 PM
becareful of meeting random people on the internet. theres creeps all over the place

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I take this personally .

WayneChristie
08-18-2009, 07:12 PM

who you calling random sukker!!!!!:evilgrin:

WayneChristie
08-18-2009, 07:14 PM
I hate to say it folks, but I am unfortunately,out. Which sucks, I really REALLY wanted to:

a)Outshine my previously acquired screaming nickname.
b)Do some cooking, for real this time.
c)Film Baitfisher crashes, and rise to Youtube stardom.
d)Drink Waynes wine until I can see through time.

But as it stands, apparently I have spent too much time in the sticks, and the girlie has put an end to my camping this weekend.

Wish I could be there for what is certainly going to be a gooder!! Take plenty of pics, and I am not alone, in hopes to hear some good stories!!!

Have fun folks, try to keep the Battle of Alberta feuds until the next morning when you have all consumed "too much medicine to care anymore". :evilgrin:

HOW COULD THEY GIT RID OF BERT??????!?!?!?!
bring the girlie along, then you can let her do the screaming when you get a walleye in the lap this time!!!!

WayneChristie
08-18-2009, 07:15 PM

EVERYBODY DRIVE SAFE

so what campground is it going to be in case Flygirrl decides to lose me in the bush? any camping charges or other info????

flygirrl
08-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Wayne this is in the bush, maybe steve has some plans for admission but I wouldnt pay him unless the entertainment was good LOL.Steve will be leaving signs out so unless I take you up 22 and accross 752 you wont get lost.... but again with the knock on your head you might forget and follow some other white gmc. LOL LOL LOL

flygirrl
08-18-2009, 07:50 PM

:confused:Its OK hockeyfish, we met most of these creeps already, I for one will say they are all good creeps, so all bad creeps stay away if not I have a 358 that will "back em down":lol::lol::lol:

tonyflyfish
08-18-2009, 09:41 PM
OK I am all packed and ready to go-have a meeting in Stony Plain at 9 and then heading to the site. Steve has me reporting to him as to which site we will be at. I will phone Steve who will post here. The options are all real close by so finding the place won't be an issue.
Wayne if you think we are short of food (LOL) I would be happy to cook a big beef roast-just let me know.
See you all Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
t

WayneChristie
08-18-2009, 09:42 PM
like you would need a gun to scare off a creep :evilgrin: just buggy whip him with your fly rod!!! :lol:

WayneChristie
08-18-2009, 09:44 PM
well if we run out of food we could dress BBJ up in a grizzly suit and send him out for some 30 thousand dollar donkeys!!!

tonyflyfish
08-18-2009, 09:49 PM
or we could dress up the donkeys as grizzlys and watch them chase BBJ

WayneChristie
08-18-2009, 09:52 PM
or we could dress up the donkeys as grizzlys and watch them chase BBJ

got a feeling the donkeys would be the ones running away :evilgrin::lol::lol:

tonyflyfish
08-18-2009, 09:53 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh what a feeling............ what a rush.............oops! i forgot this about fishing

calgarygringo
08-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a great plan Tony. We love our food.
We should be up by lunch time on Thursday as well so make lots of room for the Brady Bunch.....See you then.

tonyflyfish
08-18-2009, 10:26 PM
sorry gringo-i got confused-i will do a big roast also.
t

baitfisher83
08-18-2009, 11:34 PM
you're all evil, too bad i cant get there until saturday

flygirrl
08-19-2009, 09:44 AM
like you would need a gun to scare off a creep :evilgrin: just buggy whip him with your fly rod!!! :lol:
:rolleye2:And ruin a perfectly good fly rod, I dont think so:innocent::innocent:

jts1
08-19-2009, 09:45 AM
You still have flippers flygirl ?

WayneChristie
08-19-2009, 09:50 AM

damn thats a rude question!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

jts1
08-19-2009, 09:52 AM
testing your hootch again this morn ??:tongue2:

WayneChristie
08-19-2009, 09:54 AM
yup :evilgrin: I know what you meant.

flygirrl
08-19-2009, 09:56 AM
:lol::lol::lol: God you had to post that here!! you left the door wide open:lol::lol::lol:Yes I still have flippers. Will bring them with me.:lol::lol:

jts1
08-19-2009, 10:39 AM
How many cabbage rolls does my wife need to make ?? Whats the # of peeps going out ?

WayneChristie
08-19-2009, 10:46 AM
How many cabbage rolls does my wife need to make ?? Whats the # of peeps going out ?

wife doesnt eat them, but Id love a couple for sure!

jts1
08-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Slight location change Please see thread.......

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=39522

baitfisher83
08-19-2009, 06:39 PM
are they pork or beef cabbage rolls????And i dont know where i'm gonna end up fishing this weekend, any suggestions on what to bring??

baitfisher83
08-19-2009, 10:04 PM
sometimes i wish i was blind, would make fishing kinda hard though..lmfao