PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry Creek

Remps17
10-26-2020, 12:32 PM
I was just curious what kind of fish are in Strawberry creek by Thorsby.

Thank you

stubblejumper01
10-26-2020, 05:11 PM
I was just curious what kind of fish are in Strawberry creek by Thorsby.

Thank you

It flows into the N Sask River so potentially anything that's in the river could be in it. There's a nice spot to fish where it enters the river. Don't know if the farmer still lets people travel through his field to get to it though. Haven't been there for close to 20 years personally

Red Bullets
10-27-2020, 11:26 PM
It flows into the N Sask River so potentially anything that's in the river could be in it. There's a nice spot to fish where it enters the river. Don't know if the farmer still lets people travel through his field to get to it though. Haven't been there for close to 20 years personally

You can't access the creek mouth from land anymore. The landowner shut the road down.

The creek in May, early June, has some spawning pike and suckers. I don't think walleye or goldeye go up the creek very far. Usually fairly low water after spring. There are native stickleback minnows and they are probably having to fight off the crayfish.

stubblejumper01
10-28-2020, 09:34 AM
You can't access the creek mouth from land anymore. The landowner shut the road down.

The creek in May, early June, has some spawning pike and suckers. I don't think walleye or goldeye go up the creek very far. Usually fairly low water after spring. There are native stickleback minnows and they are probably having to fight off the crayfish.

That's too bad. Used to catch some nice fish there

Jack fish hunter
10-28-2020, 01:21 PM

Good to know there’s crayfish in it. I live right on the creek.

Red Bullets
10-28-2020, 03:32 PM
Good to know there’s crayfish in it. I live right on the creek.

Nice place to live. I'm jealous. Crayfish in the creek and elk and blueberries in the valley. Almost like Eden.

There is lots of crayfish in Weed creek too.