PDA

View Full Version : Guiding in Alberta

flygirrl
08-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know if you have to be a licensed guide to take someone from out of province fishing. Paid or unpaid, or does this open a whole can of worms.
I tried the regs but I couldnt find anything on guiding in Alberta for fisherpeople.
:wave:Thanks in advance

diamonddave
08-12-2009, 11:14 AM
You don't need to be a guide, they just have to pay the 25$ non res. licence.

jusfloatin
08-12-2009, 12:52 PM
There is no licence for guiding in Alberta.

flygirrl
08-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Thats what I thought so thank you all for the reponse.

WayneChristie
08-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Hopefully you will have more luck guiding them than I did guiding you, at least I was a gentleman and let you catch the only fish in the lake Sunday :evilgrin: live one that is, my dead one was fun too, first time Ive ever seen you run :lol:

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-12-2009, 08:46 PM
There is no licence for guiding in Alberta.

Not for guiding fishing in Alberta . Hunting guides / outfitters need to belong to APOS . Theres been talk of having fishing guides join a similar type group .

flygirrl
08-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Hopefully you will have more luck guiding them than I did guiding you, at least I was a gentleman and let you catch the only fish in the lake Sunday :evilgrin: live one that is, my dead one was fun too, first time Ive ever seen you run :lol:

:evilgrin:Invision you and I on Cow lake in my Lund, Now, Vision the plug not in the boat....Are you getting it:wave::wave::wave::lol::lol::lol:

WayneChristie
08-12-2009, 09:29 PM
:evilgrin:Invision you and I on Cow lake in my Lund, Now, Vision the plug not in the boat....Are you getting it:wave::wave::wave::lol::lol::lol:
and I bet I get the lifejacket with the lead lined pockets too LOL might be a plan tho, maybe my 30 pounder is hiding in there !!!!!

flygirrl
08-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Not for guiding fishing in Alberta . Hunting guides / outfitters need to belong to APOS . Theres been talk of having fishing guides join a similar type group .

Im kind of surprised that someone can just call themselves a guide ( fishing) and take anyone out. I can see taking my friends out but when it comes to being paid you would think there is something set up to protect the great guiding services we have here in Alberta. Seems a shame that someone could ruin someone else's :mad3:reputation and not be held accountable. When someone pays good cash for a guide and that guide is an all around ******* it reflects on all guides no matter were they are.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Im kind of surprised that someone can just call themselves a guide ( fishing) and take anyone out. I can see taking my friends out but when it comes to being paid you would think there is something set up to protect the great guiding services we have here in Alberta. Seems a shame that someone could ruin someone else's :mad3:reputation and not be held accountable. When someone pays good cash for a guide and that guide is an all around ******* it reflects on all guides no matter were they are.

Im with you . I know that there legalities of having a guiding outfit . Myself has gotten into it , growing & growing more and more people. I could offer my expertise and bigger & better locations with a bigger boat. myself simply a waver a lawyer drew up to simplify I'm not responsible for ones stupidity. And so on. However am responsible for such thing as long as the client is following the rules I have set out and have myself and client sign. Now its a legal document. Also limiting the chance of injury , death and so on .Ive seen the same thing in other guideing oufits around do the same type thing. ?I guess its not everyones dream to die fishing LOL

brianscott
08-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I have an out of prov lisc. for here in alberta.
I had to go and apply for a out of prov WIN card and buy my lisc.

easy as pie.

tonyflyfish
08-12-2009, 11:47 PM
when i hire someone i always am confidant before i buy. for instance if i wanted to slay the eys at pigeon i know that BBJ knows the deal. he may not know anything about the trout in the raven so i obviously wouldn't pay him for that without references. thanks for letting me use you as an example BBJ. I have somthing lined up with a fellow from here that seems to be an expert for somthing I am interested in. As for myself i am a master at nothing so you don't have to pay me for anything!
t

flygirrl
08-13-2009, 08:50 AM
when i hire someone i always am confidant before i buy. for instance if i wanted to slay the eys at pigeon i know that BBJ knows the deal. he may not know anything about the trout in the raven so i obviously wouldn't pay him for that without references. thanks for letting me use you as an example BBJ. I have somthing lined up with a fellow from here that seems to be an expert for somthing I am interested in. As for myself i am a master at nothing so you don't have to pay me for anything!
t
Yes but like all people some are good and some are bad:evilgrin: and you never hear about the :innocent:good people just the bad. I myself have been on guided trips on the Crowsnest the Bow and N.S.R. and I must say I have had nothing but praise for the guides I have been with. My hat is off to all the great guides we have here in this province because they do put up with an awful lot of #$%^ from some of their customers.