PDA

View Full Version : Aquavu Trout Footage from Birch Lake

LUNKDAWGEH
12-01-2020, 06:50 PM
I capture some interesting Brookie feeding behaviour with my Aqua-vu at Birch Lake, ice fishing for Brook, Rainbow, and Brown Trout.

I think I spotted one brown on this trip but wasn't fortunate enough to capture him on video.

Ice was around 6" at the time.

https://youtu.be/HsIfTIgKor0

OL_JR
12-01-2020, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the video, used to fish that lake lots. If you like it now you would have loved it when there were 5lb plus brookies swimming around :). I always wondered why they went the route they did with that lake when to me it seemed like a perfect opportunity to make a quality trout fishery after the aerator install. Tried with a couple letters to plead with fisheries management but no luck lol.

MountainTi
12-01-2020, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the video, used to fish that lake lots. If you like it now you would have loved it when there were 5lb plus brookies swimming around :). I always wondered why they went the route they did with that lake when to me it seemed like a perfect opportunity to make a quality trout fishery after the aerator install. Tried with a couple letters to plead with fisheries management but no luck lol.

Was a good lake in the day. Internet and word of mouth ruined it. A shame

LUNKDAWGEH
12-01-2020, 08:07 PM

Sounds like a familiar story :bad_boys_20:

CardiacCowboy
12-03-2020, 01:16 PM
Was a good lake in the day. Internet and word of mouth ruined it. A shame

Dam internets....I never use it myself

Zip-in-Z
12-03-2020, 03:34 PM
That lakes fished out.

OL_JR
12-03-2020, 05:57 PM
That lakes fished out.

Lol don't worry, that lakes "x" days are gone and have been for a while now...