PDA

View Full Version : Blue-green algae at Isle

pdfish
08-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Heard on the radio this morning that Isle has some blooms going on. Anyone been out there lately? Wondering how bad it really is, might go for an evening fish next week.

wildman
08-14-2009, 03:30 PM
hey dude.
that lake ALWAYS blooms to high heaven and still fishes well.
i'd say you'll do fine.....as long as you don't drink it!!!!!!!!!!

-JR-
08-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey PD .I was out there 3 weeks back ,water was like pea soup. Took home our limit !

pdfish
08-14-2009, 07:28 PM
The waters always like pea soup. I was there about a month ago, and the walleye fishing was fantastic. Ironically JR, one of our co-workers were talking to F & W on the lake and they mentioned that it might be going to draw for walleye next year. As far as I'm concerned this lake is going the same way Pigeon was about 8 years ago, you've got a serious shot at a double digit walleye. Hopefully, they allow some sort of retention (ie. slot size) so it doesn't turn into a lake full of over-populated, stunted walleye just like Pigeon.

-JR-
08-15-2009, 06:18 AM
If they are going to have a cash grap they should install a better launch and pier. Where did you launch your boat,was very shallow for me at fallis ,got hung up.
Have to love that slim ,just covers the haul of the boat.

Penner
08-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Hey PD .I was out there 3 weeks back ,water was like pea soup. Took home our limit !

Only only heard a portion of the offical notice, but I'm certain they also advised against keeping/eating any fish until the bloom had gone!!! :sick:

As I understand this algae is pretty dangerous. Be careful out there.

pdfish
08-16-2009, 09:16 AM
If they are going to have a cash grap they should install a better launch and pier. Where did you launch your boat,was very shallow for me at fallis ,got hung up.
Have to love that slim ,just covers the haul of the boat.

I hear the silver sands launch is pretty good, haven't used it yet. I've launched at Gainford and He-Ho-Ha. Both of those launches are nightmares for the jet.