PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Fish The U.S.

BUCKAROO6
08-14-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm leaving sunday morning for the south. Down through montana, idaho, utah, arizona then nevada. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me out with a decent spot to stop and fish along the way. I'v never had the opportunity to fish down there at all. It would be greatly appreciated? Thanks!

Elk Chaser
08-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Missouri River between Ulm and Helena will provide some very nice fishing opportunities, whether it be fly or spinning rod. If you take the turn off that goes to Holter Dam don't forget your cheese hooks and some Velveta cheese. You use to be able to fish right off the dam.

BUCKAROO6
08-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Thank you very much Elk Chaser i really appreciate the advice and will definately capitalize on it.

fishingwithpole
08-14-2009, 09:32 PM
What kind of fish bites the cheese?

FWP

Elk Chaser
09-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Rainbow Trout

Walleyes
09-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Used to head down to Montana every summer to the Flathead country.. They have some great Laker fishing on the Flathead lake and a days guide trip really isn't that bad. As well there are many public docks with some excellent Perch fishing off of them, we fished off boats but there were people catching a crap load from the docks.

If you are going through the Polson country and heading south through St Marie / Ronan country just south of Ronan head up west into the hills into the watershed of the St Marie's irrigation streams ( just ask the locals ) anyways you get up into the hills in some smaller streams and some of the best Cut Throat fishing there is to be had. Just wonderful country. Stop in at the sport shop in Ronan a great place,, they will put you into some good fishing.

Elk Chaser
09-13-2009, 07:57 AM
If you want to watch a reel show, then head down to fort benton and watch them fish for paddle fish.

Big fish
09-13-2009, 02:15 PM
you should go fishing for
some tiger muskies down there if your going