PDA

View Full Version : House River Grayling

Walleyes
06-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Was out on the House Rver today with one of my boys,, and we did quite well.. We were able to land 12 in the 10 - 16" range and as many small ones.. all in all a good day to be fly fishing one of my favorite streams.. Here are some pics enjoy.. Ahh life in the north is just to good...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/IMG_0989.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/IMG_0992.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/IMG_1001.jpg

-NDN-
06-09-2007, 11:26 PM
those are some nice Grayling. really diggin' the colors.:D

Versatile
06-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Wow those are nice fish. What were you using?

packhuntr
06-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Walleyes, beutiful grayling. I have bear hunted close to the house, and knew there were grayling in there, but didnt fish them. Have caught some in the peace, but all small. Does the house stay decent even during warmer water periods closer to mid summer???

keep a strain on er.

Walleyes
06-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Due to the rains we are having the river is quite high actually higher than I like it,, I like to fish the deep little pools of water but with the water high these pools are not as destinguished and the fish are more spread out. but I do beleive its why we averaged such nice size fish. We worked our way down stream to where the Bear meets the House and then worked back up the Bear Creek, which is a smaller creek and did very well on the Bear..

Do to the high water and the water being quite stained and dark we had to get down to the fish and use something quite visable. I am not sure what type of flies they are so you will have to foregive me, I'm not what you would cal an avid fly man,, but we used a couple different patterns but they were all wet flies with the gold bead in front.. We used a couple different types as I said all with equal success.. And yes it does seem to fish fairly steady through out the summer but you may have to work harder for the nice sized ones..

The house has come a long way the last couple years and it is starting once again to produce some decent fish.. So please keep in mind if you do fish it that all the fish we caught were released and I would suggest all to do the same.. This River really is a small treasure to have it would be a shame to see it destroyed... We covered probably over 2 miles of river and we did not come accross another angler and no garbage, no fishing line no cigarete packs no plastic bags no beer cans ect,,, it is a very clean and pristine river if any fish it please keep it the same... I have been to the Castle rivers and the Carbondale and Linx and have seen what man has done,,, it is a shame...

Ayr
06-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Great photo's, the second one is outstanding!!

Ayr.

chrissnow1234
08-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Has anybody fished this river lately and if so where. Or where would you go to fish this river?

leeaspell
08-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Holy old post batman, dug deep for that one eh lol

JReed
08-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Holy old post batman, dug deep for that one eh lol

No doubt eh? 1st post and already digging for guys' fishing spots. How about use google earth and do some research like the rest of us

chrissnow1234
08-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Wow quick to jump on a guy! How do you think I even found this post. I used google. I wasnt actually asking for this guys fishing spot I was asking in general where would be a good place to fish. Take a step back and give a fella a break. Just trying to find out areas to fish man.

smitty9
08-08-2013, 04:26 PM
No doubt eh? 1st post and already digging for guys' fishing spots. How about use google earth and do some research like the rest of us

JReed:

What an absurd comment! He found the post...on the internet...on the AB Outdoorsmen forum. Ummm...this is exactly what people do...what people are SUPPOSED to do. Isn't this one of the main purposes of this forum?

That's why the forum has...wait for it...a "S-E-A-R-C-H" function.

Sheesh.

So I suppose he could have played dumb, searched for the "House River", found the info, started a brand new thread, playing dumb and asking for info. Would that have made it better in your eyes (since, we, the audience, would have been none the wiser).

Its also absurd because people ask for info here...all the time.

Ironic you tell him to do some research...and that's what he did! lol...

Smitty

Levy
08-08-2013, 05:00 PM
http://travelingluck.com/North%20America/Canada/Alberta/_5977778_House%20River.html

Follow the river upstream until you hit the first road/cutline/highway and you will have a spot you can at least try fishing for grayling. I had heard that there were spots further south that held grayling and many more spots north. It all depends on which direction you are coming from.

JReed
08-08-2013, 06:04 PM
JReed:

What an absurd comment! He found the post...on the internet...on the AB Outdoorsmen forum. Ummm...this is exactly what people do...what people are SUPPOSED to do. Isn't this one of the main purposes of this forum?

That's why the forum has...wait for it...a "S-E-A-R-C-H" function.

Sheesh.

So I suppose he could have played dumb, searched for the "House River", found the info, started a brand new thread, playing dumb and asking for info. Would that have made it better in your eyes (since, we, the audience, would have been none the wiser).

Its also absurd because people ask for info here...all the time.

Ironic you tell him to do some research...and that's what he did! lol...

Smitty

Google earth the river, pick a spot to park, get out and fish. Post the pics of the fish you caught later on, advertise the spot of where you caught them should you choose.

As far as i'm concerned, asking for a general area to fish is asking for a guy's spot. Any idiot can find water that holds fish if they walk and wade a "general area". So why not go exploring instead of asking for spots on your first post, it's a give and take thing

crazyfish
08-08-2013, 08:30 PM
love fishing that river , great to explore and find fish. Just have to get away from the hiway and your lugging ! :sHa_shakeshout: Usually fish it for a few hours on my way north to work .

chrissnow1234
08-10-2013, 07:47 AM
I'm not sure what u are getting on with there JREED but when I was asking for a general area I wasn't asking for this guys specific spot I was just asking where abouts would you fish (upstream, down stream or if you can just catch fish anywhere) this site as others have stated is for fellow outdoorsmen to post pics and help each other out. You should take a step back and realize I wasn't asking for any specific person to take me by the hand and show mea fishing hot spot. I have been to the house river area many times hunting and I know where it is. Anyways there seems to be a lot more mature fellow outdoorsmen on this site and I can't wait to share info with and see pics of your guys next catch!

Dak1138
08-10-2013, 08:08 AM
I am not sure what JREEDs problem is. We usually don't tell people off until after their tenth post asking " where is a good place to fish river/lake ,y and z".
Welcome to the forum.Tell us how you make out at House ,but do not give us the exact location you fished. :thinking-017: