PDA

View Full Version : Bad behaviour - tournament fishing

KinAlberta
12-03-2020, 02:40 PM
An Ontario and NB story.

Fishing tournament organizer fined after nearly 200 fish found in dumpster
December 3, 2020

Excerpt:

"In the bottom, there were 17 bags of smallmouth bass that were the biggest, best, broodstock in our fishery," said Tufts. ...

"The former Montreal resident is prohibited from holding a fishing licence in Ontario, but that does not bar him from fishing in other provinces.

He said his move to New Brunswick was for personal reasons and not an effort to circumvent the Ontario penalty. Inthe wake of his conviction, he said, he's no longer hosting fishing tournaments.

"Absolutely 100 per cent done with that," ...

But..."

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/fishing-tournament-organizer-fined-nearly-101000799.html

58thecat
12-03-2020, 03:41 PM
hmmm seems like a legit scumbag...we panicked..ya right...ya got caught.

now lets see what wild tv does with his so called episodes....

pikergolf
12-03-2020, 04:59 PM
Money and wildlife resources, never a good mix.

Savage Bacon
12-03-2020, 08:00 PM
Even finding them tossed in the bushes. Like he had too many to get rid of.

deschambault
12-03-2020, 08:15 PM
In the 90's I lived in the Fort Worth area and fished a lake west of there with a slot limit. I caught a couple in the slot and let them go. As we returned to the boat ramp a guy went running into the bushes as a vehicle drove up. My wife went to get the vehicle and trailer when a F&W officer approached us in my boat. Did you catch any? Yes I caught a 19 and a 21". Do you have them? Of course not, they are in the slot. Would you like a 21? Sure but that's illegal. Give me your license and I'll write this up on my card. I loaded the boat and he came over with my license, a note authorizing me to have the fish and the fish. He then handed me a nice 21" bass. I said, that looks just like the one I released. He laughed and said, yes but this is a $300 fish. It sure tasted good that night.