PDA

View Full Version : Fishing podcasts?

Fisherdan
12-03-2020, 04:51 PM
Just looking for fishing podcast recommendations. Does anyone have any favourites?

Poppa
12-04-2020, 10:39 AM
nothing local enough that really appeals to me. There's a group of guys in Manitoba that do one on FB Live every week. It's called "The Casting Deck" and it's not bad, but it's pretty focused on Manitoba/NW Ontario.

I'm in broadcasting, and have been thinking more and more about the whole podcast thing. I really need to get a home studio set up so I can start working on something like that....

Remps17
12-04-2020, 10:58 AM
No favourites but I tried Bent podcast by MeatEater and it was pretty brutal for me at least. Was pretty pumped for it as I like their other podcast but it was pretty bad.

I listen to orvis podcast but that is mainly fly fishing. Not sure if that’s your thing. Ugly pike is about predator fishing mainly musky and pike I believe. Eskimo has an ice fishing podcast I will be listening to here pretty quick.

Outbound
12-04-2020, 11:10 AM
I like Bent. It's kind of screwball but it's entertaining. I like iy more than the Meateater podcast. April Vokey has one called Anchored which is pretty good too. She has another one she just started called Into The Backing which has potential, it only has a couple episodes though so far.

mapleleafman3
12-04-2020, 01:07 PM
Very little of Canadian content but I do listen to Eskimo ShackTalk, Paul Bunyan Country Outdoors, and Fish House Nation Podcast. All via Castbox.

Burbot Sherbet
12-04-2020, 07:09 PM
The Hard Water Fishing Show is also pretty decent. American; but entertaining nonetheless. It’s on Apple podcasts.

King Salmon
12-05-2020, 11:41 AM
If you like fly fishing, check out the Fly Fishing 97 podcast from a fellow in BC. Used to listen to Anchored with April Vokey. From the States, there are a couple of decent ones: Barbless.co and The OP. Listened to the Orvis one and didn't like it.