PDA

View Full Version : Lees Lake

Mark
12-05-2020, 05:27 PM
Hi
I was wondering if anybody has been at Lees or Beauvais Lake lately and could give an ice and fishing report.

Never fished at either, and thought I'd try some place new next week.

Any info and advise would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Scott N
12-05-2020, 07:41 PM
I drove by Lee Lake last week on my way home from Beaver Mines, and last Saturday the lake still had open water (white caps actually) on about 50% of the lake I'd guess. With the warm weather this last week, I'm thinking the ice would be sketchy at best right now.

I can't report on Beauvais, but Beaver Mines was busy today and there is about 5" on it right now.

pinelakeperch
12-07-2020, 08:58 AM
I drove by Lee Lake last week on my way home from Beaver Mines, and last Saturday the lake still had open water (white caps actually) on about 50% of the lake I'd guess. With the warm weather this last week, I'm thinking the ice would be sketchy at best right now.

I can't report on Beauvais, but Beaver Mines was busy today and there is about 5" on it right now.

Any intel on Butcher? Thanks :)

pgavey
12-07-2020, 09:40 AM
My bud was walking his dogs near Beauvais on Sat, its mostly open water.

Scott N
12-07-2020, 10:24 AM
Any intel on Butcher? Thanks :)

Someone who works for my fishing buddy said it had open water last week, but I'm not sure of any more details.

pinelakeperch
12-07-2020, 10:24 AM
My bud was walking his dogs near Beauvais on Sat, its mostly open water.

Might be a dumb question, but why would Lee be open but Beaver Mines be around 8in of ice (last I heard)?

pinelakeperch
12-07-2020, 10:25 AM
Someone who works for my fishing buddy said it had open water last week, but I'm not sure of any more details.

Appreciate it :)

bessiedog
12-07-2020, 03:24 PM
Beaver is actually in the mountains and is at a much higher elevation than Lee. Lee is kindof at the end of the CrowNest valley and one could consider it to be almost on the edge of the prairies.

Beaver usually has walkable ice on it first, then Emerald, then Beauvais, then Butcher, then Lee

OMR freezes when it bloody just feels like it...... here's hopin the geeese keep it open for longer.

Both have springs that you have to watch out for..... but Lee seems to have way more springs in it that really negatively affect the ice level.

I don't trust that lake any more man...

pinelakeperch
12-07-2020, 03:44 PM
Beaver is actually in the mountains and is at a much higher elevation than Lee. Lee is kindof at the end of the CrowNest valley and one could consider it to be almost on the edge of the prairies.

Beaver usually has walkable ice on it first, then Emerald, then Beauvais, then Butcher, then Lee

OMR freezes when it bloody just feels like it...... here's hopin the geeese keep it open for longer.

Both have springs that you have to watch out for..... but Lee seems to have way more springs in it that really negatively affect the ice level.

I don't trust that lake any more man...

For some reason I thought Lee was closer to the mountains than it is. Thanks for the explanation. I was hoping to hit Butcher this weekend, but it looks like it'll have to be Beaver Mines.

Mark
12-09-2020, 10:31 AM
Thanks everybody for the info.

pinelakeperch
12-12-2020, 02:57 PM
Any updates on Beaver Mines and or Butcher?

Soab
12-13-2020, 06:27 AM
Drove by yesterday, probably 15 vehicles at butcher