PDA

View Full Version : Jackfish Lake

Ronji
12-08-2020, 11:03 AM
I heard today that somebody went through the ice at Jackfish Lake as they were clearing the ice for a skating rink. The family was on shore and seen it happen. They were able to pull them out after about 30 minutes, but they did not survive.

Tragic.

Be smart people

Talking moose
12-08-2020, 11:14 AM
I heard today that somebody went through the ice at Jackfish Lake as they were clearing the ice for a skating rink. The family was on shore and seen it happen. They were able to pull them out after about 30 minutes, but they did not survive.

Tragic.

Be smart people

Yes. Just over a week ago I believe. That lake takes longer to form thick ice than surrounding lakes. It scares me.

Moosetalker
12-08-2020, 12:33 PM
Lots of the lakes in that area have springs degrades the ice.

Very sad when this happens. Absolutely the worst way to learn Safety first

italk2u
12-08-2020, 01:04 PM
Which Jackfish Lake? I believe there are 3 or 4 of them in Alberta.

Talking moose
12-08-2020, 01:16 PM
Which Jackfish Lake? I believe there are 3 or 4 of them in Alberta.

1/2 hour west of Edmonton

57charlie
12-08-2020, 01:38 PM
Someone mentioned this to me at work this AM & it was Jackfish Lake, SK, north of North Battleford area. And that a truck went thru the ice on Turtle Lake over the weekend??? I personally haven’t had a chance to scrounge through the news reports to verify anything.

bezzola
12-08-2020, 05:55 PM
Terrible news
I know all to well what its like to go through the ice in a vehicle luckily i was able to get out and to the cabin fast.

Who Da Fisherman
12-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Someone mentioned this to me at work this AM & it was Jackfish Lake, SK, north of North Battleford area. And that a truck went thru the ice on Turtle Lake over the weekend??? I personally haven’t had a chance to scrounge through the news reports to verify anything.

I just asked my parents who live there, wasn't this Jackfish lake.
What I heard is Alberta. And for Turtle, heard it was a large hole that was sawed open for site fishing and the hole not protected, only a wheel went in.
WDF

oscar
12-08-2020, 08:20 PM
It was definitely at Jackfish lake west of Edmonton

Sled Dog
08-21-2022, 02:08 PM
Anyone know if there is some strange chemistry to he water in Jackfish Lake (Parkland). I was running a spinner rig with brass blades After about 1.5 hours it came out all tarnished. My trailer is galvanized but the safety chains and axle U-boots are all showing rust. More corrosion from 2 trips to Jackfish than I’ve had in 5 years at other Alberta lakes. I checked the Alberta Environment website. Hey haven’t surveyed the lake in ages but said it didn’t have any dissolved particulates beyond norms for surrounding lakes. Never seen anything like it - there’s something unusual happening here.

Edmonton resident
08-21-2022, 06:13 PM
spinner rig with brass blades
Humm was your rig made with cheap material !!!!

-JR-
08-21-2022, 06:33 PM
How was the fishing at jackfish lake ?
Did they every fix the boat launch now that they are charging $20.

KGB
08-21-2022, 11:11 PM
I was there today at the friends place, we went for a kayak run and paddle boats, kids went swimming. The water was very clear and warm.