PDA

View Full Version : Skeleton, Elinor or Moose lake?

SRD
12-09-2020, 05:25 PM
Hello all!

Im planning a little ice fishing trip with a couple of buddy's in late Feb or early March 2021. Probably a 2 day trip. I'm attracted to Skeleton, Elinor and Moose because one is able to keep Walleye, pike, pearch, whitefish and burbot. I can't decide between these lakes. Has anyone fished these? Does anyone have a suggestion for a lake? I would say about a 3 drive max from Edmonton.

Thanks in advance

lromanchuk
12-09-2020, 06:14 PM
If I'm driving 3 hours from Edmonton, I'm going to Cold. All the species you mentioned , plus some of the best Lake Trout fishing in the Province.

Just showing up won't guarantee catching fish, but the potential at that lake is the best in my opinion.

Jigsalot
12-09-2020, 09:17 PM
Hello all!

Im planning a little ice fishing trip with a couple of buddy's in late Feb or early March 2021. Probably a 2 day trip. I'm attracted to Skeleton, Elinor and Moose because one is able to keep Walleye, pike, pearch, whitefish and burbot. I can't decide between these lakes. Has anyone fished these? Does anyone have a suggestion for a lake? I would say about a 3 drive max from Edmonton.

Thanks in advance

Drive the extra hour and do Slave. Best fishing in the province. If you don’t catch fish there give up fishing.

bradvtown
12-10-2020, 07:32 AM
Moose used to be really good then it died off for walleye. Made sense when I seen the nets out...

SRD
12-10-2020, 08:14 AM
Actually both of those lakes were on my radar..... and I think you guys are right. Drive just a little further for so much more.

Cold lake has the edge for the chance of Lake trout but my butcher is a Slave lake guy and his walls are covered with pics of giant pike. The fishing at Slave looks unbelievable!

Now it's down to 2 lakes to choose from!

lromanchuk
12-10-2020, 09:08 AM
Actually both of those lakes were on my radar..... and I think you guys are right. Drive just a little further for so much more.

Cold lake has the edge for the chance of Lake trout but my butcher is a Slave lake guy and his walls are covered with pics of giant pike. The fishing at Slave looks unbelievable!

Now it's down to 2 lakes to choose from!

Can't go wrong with either one. Be careful on both lakes. Big lakes usually come with big wind, big heaves and all the challenges that come from that. Have a good trip!

Here's some catches from both lakes over the last couple years.

KGB
12-10-2020, 07:45 PM
Holy crap! What size is this trout? What size of the auger do you need to bring this fish out? :scared0018: