PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Nonne Burbs?

Skabulon
12-11-2020, 01:49 PM
What do you guys think my chances of catching Burbs out of Lac La Nonne would be? I've never fished there, would like to go check it out this weekend though. I'm open to catching whatever but I would like at least a fair chance to catch an eater Burbot. Thanks for any info you guys can provide

Talking moose
12-11-2020, 02:08 PM
Lac st Anne is full of burbs.
I’ve only perch fished at nonne.
But if you leave a tip up out close to the bottom you may get some burbs.
Let us know how you make out!

bessiedog
12-11-2020, 02:26 PM
I know exactly where them yummy bugger spawn on that lake.
Used to be easy peasy to get a bunch during that time...

This was before limits

And unfortunately before I knew they were yummy.
We’d catch a batch and feed em to the pigs.

-JR-
12-11-2020, 05:03 PM
Just out front of the boat launch about 50 yards is were we normally hit them

lannie
12-11-2020, 05:19 PM
I know exactly where them yummy bugger spawn on that lake.
Used to be easy peasy to get a bunch during that time...

This was before limits

And unfortunately before I knew they were yummy.
We’d catch a batch and feed em to the pigs.

Cool Bessie.

My parents had a Cabin on that lake from about 1970 until 1990. Down from the public dock where there used to be a general store. When i was younger the ice would be littered with ling that people caught and did not want every spring.

Burbot Sherbet
12-11-2020, 07:00 PM
I’ve heard there’s high mercury content in La Nonne. I know pike accumulate it pretty heavily being apex predators, but I’m not sure about burbs. Food for thought if you plan on eating lots over a long period of time!

bessiedog
12-12-2020, 11:44 AM
Cool Bessie.

My parents had a Cabin on that lake from about 1970 until 1990. Down from the public dock where there used to be a general store. When i was younger the ice would be littered with ling that people caught and did not want every spring.

My parents had a cabin from the almost exact time period... we were across the lake at Birch Cove... I spent a lot of time there.

Getting to the store by boat using. 6.5 h evenrude was a day long affair.

Skabulon
12-13-2020, 04:39 PM
Went out there today 8 - 3, got skunked. Maybe 2 marks on the flasher the whole day. Ice was cracking like mad the whole time, nobody driving out yet but there was 11" everywhere I drilled

Talking moose
12-13-2020, 04:49 PM
Went out there today 8 - 3, got skunked. Maybe 2 marks on the flasher the whole day. Ice was cracking like mad the whole time, nobody driving out yet but there was 11" everywhere I drilled

Thanks for the crappy update. Still better than 7 hours of church.

JohninAB
12-13-2020, 06:50 PM

If you do not mind me asking, what areas were you at on the lake? Just curious as may head there this week and last time I was there, I went north of the boat launch on the east side by the little store and there was only 4 inches. Be nice if the ice there was 11 inches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skabulon
12-13-2020, 07:05 PM
Ya I went out from the boat launch at Klondike Park, walked out to the SW from there maybe 300 meters? Ice was clear as glass, fished in 12 fow, water was a little murky but could see my lure no problem