PDA

View Full Version : How much longer are leeches available for?

Marlin07
08-15-2009, 05:58 PM
I can't remember from last year when leeches start becoming scarce and would like to pick some up for a fishing trip up north in October. How much more time do I have left before they are gone for the season, also whats the best way to store them at home while I wait for the trip? Thanks for the input!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-15-2009, 06:14 PM
I can't remember from last year when leeches start becoming scarce and would like to pick some up for a fishing trip up north in October. How much more time do I have left before they are gone for the season, also whats the best way to store them at home while I wait for the trip? Thanks for the input!

I think you can always buy then direct frol Walleye bait . I dont remember the exact phone number . If not im sure fishin hole could special order them for you .

Marlin07
08-15-2009, 06:27 PM
I'll have to give them a call on Monday, thanks!

alodar
08-15-2009, 07:46 PM
i was at the hole less than a week ago and they had some in stock, im sure they will be able to help you out ......jsut dont mention anything about fishing with ur brother and him not catching anything, he might suggest u tell him a joke ... about the smell on his fingers, i thoguht it was funny ... my brother not so much :lol:

bsnyder
08-15-2009, 07:52 PM
:wave:Just picked up 6 pds from the FH ordered a week in advance.They still look pretty good, was told much later the quality goes down , the fallish ones dont last as good:)

Marlin07
08-16-2009, 10:23 AM
6 Pounds! You must get out alot, do they still have the jumbo ones available? I was told the bigger the better where we are headed....How long do they last with regular water changes in the fridge?

Snap Shot
08-16-2009, 11:48 AM
:wave:Just picked up 6 pds from the FH ordered a week in advance.They still look pretty good, was told much later the quality goes down , the fallish ones dont last as good:)

6lbs what did that run you...

i cant believe the prices for leeches these days

bardfromedson
08-16-2009, 02:29 PM
walleye master tackle told me the end of august. i would get them as quick as possible because you don't want to get stuck with the small ones that are at the bottom of the bucket.

bsnyder
08-16-2009, 07:22 PM
6 Pounds! You must get out alot, do they still have the jumbo ones available? I was told the bigger the better where we are headed....How long do they last with regular water changes in the fridge?

:wave:we still have a couple of tournys left, thats 2 weeks of fishing so need my leeches:) ya , we prefer the lumbos and if you have an in ( we dont :tongue2:) you can get Magnums.Those suckers will wrap around your wrist !!Cold water ( even alittle ice on top is good )use bottled water and change weekly should last , we need ours to last till middle of Oct.

bsnyder
08-16-2009, 07:26 PM
6lbs what did that run you...

i cant believe the prices for leeches these days

:wave:A little over $300. Ya , you dont want to know what we spend on bait each year.Still cheaper than buying at the lake,at Lac De Iles they wanted about .75 cent each and half were dead:tongue2: