PDA

View Full Version : Youth- Special Walleye Draw/Tags

Greatwest
12-19-2020, 08:28 PM
Just read through the regulations and it doesn’t really seem clear to me. For youth under 16 years of age they do not require a fishing licence. What about for special walleye draw/tags do you have to apply for tags for youth just as we would? Can we purchase them under subscribed tags? Thanks in advance to anyone with the answers.

astepanuk
12-19-2020, 10:39 PM
I put my kids in for Walleye draws every year they need a valid WIN card and they can apply for tags.

Wes_G
12-19-2020, 11:00 PM

OL_JR
12-19-2020, 11:02 PM
I put my kids in for Walleye draws every year they need a valid WIN card and they can apply for tags.

Bingo, don't need a fishing licence.

Greatwest
12-20-2020, 08:08 AM
So the lake I have tags for still has some class C under subscribed tags remaining. So all I would need to do is get my kids a WIN card and then should be able to get them some of the remaining tags. Then they can come along and try to fill their tags when I go to try to fill mine. My kids can eat more fish in a sitting then I can. They would be pretty disappointed if we were able to keep what they catch for the dinner table. So if I can get them some tags I definitely will. We moved 2 years ago from Saskatchewan so the new refs are still a little foggy for me.

Ribolovac
12-21-2020, 07:02 PM
Bingo. Good luck.

Wes_G
12-22-2020, 10:02 PM
So the lake I have tags for still has some class C under subscribed tags remaining. So all I would need to do is get my kids a WIN card and then should be able to get them some of the remaining tags. Then they can come along and try to fill their tags when I go to try to fill mine. My kids can eat more fish in a sitting then I can. They would be pretty disappointed if we were able to keep what they catch for the dinner table. So if I can get them some tags I definitely will. We moved 2 years ago from Saskatchewan so the new refs are still a little foggy for me.

You just moved to Alberta, you better start getting them used to not being able to eat everything they catch!