enjoy

David:)

elk eater
12-30-2020, 08:17 PM
Those some nice looking Whites !!!

Zip-in-Z
12-30-2020, 08:28 PM
D to D .... real Bty's!

I'm looking of one that size this winter.

Wish you all the success in 2021.

Cheers

D.

Speckle55
12-30-2020, 08:39 PM
here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cswEvYafZIM

RACKER
12-30-2020, 08:44 PM
That is some great footage. I can’t believe how shallow it is. Your posts are always enjoyable and entertaining. Keep up the good work and enjoy all your outings. Thanks for posting.

pikeman06
12-30-2020, 11:08 PM
Yikes those are nice whites David. Thank you for not posting gps coordinates and exactly which hook to use and how to fish it. I really enjoy the challenge of fishing and the learning part that never goes away. Good job.

lenka
12-31-2020, 07:51 AM
These whitefish are well fed and fat! They are slower moving comparing to whitefish from Gull Lake and Sylvan Lake, and also much bigger! Thanks for posting the video.

Ribolovac
12-31-2020, 10:39 AM
Wow, nice tanks.

SNAPFisher
12-31-2020, 02:28 PM
That is excellent footage! Great angle and view. I could watch that on cam all day :)

Congrats on the great day out!

Drewski Canuck
12-31-2020, 06:01 PM
Speck,

Those are solid fish no doubt.

But what was classed as "Jumbo Whitefish" are a different beast onto themselves.

Hanmore, Smoke, Orloff, Rock Island, South Buck, and Island by Athabasca, all have had Jumbo Whites.

These fish are 6 - 12 pounds and are a different fish because of it. Hanmore used to produce some 10 - 12 pd whites in the past, and maybe it still has a few.

Lesser Slave had the really big Jumbos but commercial netting destroyed the gene pool.

All the same Speck, congrats on some great fish!

Drewski

D.Archer
12-31-2020, 07:22 PM
Those are very big fish you caught there, The underwater footage is excellent. The fish at the 50 second mark looks like it has something large in its stomach. I would keep wearing the white coveralls so no one can see you on the lake with a spot like that. I know I would.

Speckle55
01-01-2021, 12:59 PM
Thanks for your opinion on Jumbo Lake Whitefish :test:

http://www.purvisfisheries.com/products.htm

please remain positive on my post thanks

Happy New Year !!!

David:)

Speck,

Those are solid fish no doubt.

But what was classed as "Jumbo Whitefish" are a different beast onto themselves.

Hanmore, Smoke, Orloff, Rock Island, South Buck, and Island by Athabasca, all have had Jumbo Whites.

These fish are 6 - 12 pounds and are a different fish because of it. Hanmore used to produce some 10 - 12 pd whites in the past, and maybe it still has a few.

Lesser Slave had the really big Jumbos but commercial netting destroyed the gene pool.

All the same Speck, congrats on some great fish!

Drewski