PDA

View Full Version : Pine Coulee

THLTD
01-03-2021, 11:52 AM
Hello,

Live in the south and was looking for some intel on PC?
Have heard that it was stocked with trout and was wondering if anyone is catching them. would be nice to see this lake be a good trout option. Trophy lake??

kc_okotoks
01-03-2021, 02:50 PM
you will have better luck at chain lakes .
last few years ,I have tried pine coulee on and off maybe a dozen times . 0 caught.
shore fish , boat ,jigging, trolling, worms, minnows, spoons, spinners . no luck. this
used to be a favorite place to take the kids and grandson.

saddleup
01-03-2021, 05:27 PM
Sounds like this fishery has turned into another Henniger Dam in Southern Ab

THLTD
01-04-2021, 10:15 AM
Yes, I also use to take my kids there for some steady actions of walleyes till they decided to fish them out. I see they put a bunch of RB in there 2019 but only 5.0cm so they would be good food for the pike,birds and walleyes that are left??
To bad as it is a nice piece of water.

MeYammy
01-04-2021, 11:35 AM
I used to be able to catch a fair number of fish at PCR on any given outing. I'm 100% catch & release and would pull up a half dozen burbot, a few pike, and a few walleye each time it seemed, which made for a fun day for me and my boys. But about 3-4 years ago, that seemed to just stop. In 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 winter seasons, I was 100% skunked. We gave it a go on December 27th and one small pike was all we got for a full day effort, in the same spot where we used to see lots of action. Just out from the boat launch no more than about 100 feet or so.

The ice was good, clear, and about 6" with hardly any snow cover.

Give it a shot... Maybe you'll have better luck or have better fishing knowledge and skill than me!

Jjolg123
01-04-2021, 04:08 PM
I gave it a go twice last year during January and only had action on the sonar once and not a bite to be found. Talked to three others I saw during the same period and one said he got a walleye on cam that was it. This was in the normal spot out from the launch as well which used to produce, caught Pike during the summer but been 3/4 years since I got one thru the ice

litwin
01-04-2021, 11:29 PM
The family gave Pine a go on Xmas day and caught a decent size pike with a couple other bites.

https://youtu.be/N21I49OKKDQ

Wes_G
01-05-2021, 11:21 PM
I used to be able to catch a fair number of fish at PCR on any given outing. I'm 100% catch & release and would pull up a half dozen burbot, a few pike, and a few walleye each time it seemed, which made for a fun day for me and my boys. But about 3-4 years ago, that seemed to just stop. In 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 winter seasons, I was 100% skunked. We gave it a go on December 27th and one small pike was all we got for a full day effort, in the same spot where we used to see lots of action. Just out from the boat launch no more than about 100 feet or so.

The ice was good, clear, and about 6" with hardly any snow cover.

Give it a shot... Maybe you'll have better luck or have better fishing knowledge and skill than me!

You are not likely to catch to much in there anymore, the burbot got fished out long ago from everyone that thought they had to keep there limit. Walleyes have been near fished out since they opened the lake up 3 or 4 years ago now trying to get rid of them so they could stock with trout. As for the trout my guess is like was stated above. they have mostly become food for what walleye and pike were remaining. That lake may be able to produce some decent trout one day, but it will be many moons from now.