PDA

View Full Version : Pierre Grey Lakes

fishman
08-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Well it has been a few years since i have been to these lakes, the scenery is still as beautiful as ever.

Got on the brookie lake at 3pm and fished until 5pm with 2 bites and never hardly seen any fish on the sonar, got back on the water at 745pm and fished until close to 10 pm, there was a crazy cinannom caddis hatch and guess what i seen 2 fish rise........hummmm i started to wonder and hardly marked any fish on the sonar.............i had moderate luck landing 2 brookies with the biggest just over 19 inchs and the other one was close to 18 inchs.

Saturday got up and didn't hit the other lake with the bows and the brookies until mid afternoon.........fished it hard until 730 pm with 11 rainbows.they were all about 12 inchs and 1 brookie 16 1/2 inchs........tom much work for the little results as these lakes are just a mirror shadow of what they use to be...........nice country but save the gas if you are looking for some good high mountain lake fishing.

Sunday morning my bro said to me lets go some place else so we backed up and headed to kinky lake....got on the lake around 2pm and didn't take long and we were into fish......yes lots of small 10 inch brookies but did manage to catch lots of bigger fish most of them in the 14 inch range, also some bigger 16 inchers and the biggest actually a freak for this lake a 17 1/2 imcher...........my bro wore his arm out so he was happy when he got home.