PDA

View Full Version : St Croix ice rods

ifinder
01-06-2021, 08:47 PM
I have bought 3 st croissant ice rods in last 3 yrs all 3 tips broke off sent email to them an they told me to send them to them an for $25 us per rod they would replace them with better mojo rods previous ones were premiers so I figured for $75 us I’m getting 3 better quality rods went for it . Have had them for 1 season plus this year was fishing walleye an set hook on a3 lb an rod snapped at end of handle using 32 inch medium rod . I have had no issues with there summer rods an like them but getting tired of winter ones. I also take good care of rods casing all the time when not in use. Wondering if anybody else has had issues an what luck u had with warranty. Can’t see sending more money to replace.

AlbertanGP
01-06-2021, 09:01 PM
You've had six rods and four broke? My luck with them has been good over the years. I don't think I've ever had one break to comment on warranty.

I will say weird $%^& happens on the ice. I was fishing a local stocked trout lake during the Christmas break, and as the sun came up I realized the tip was broke on my brand new TUCR Commander. It was fine the day before and was always either in the rod pocket on the Otter hub or in the rod case, so I have no idea how it happened. But four of six rods...

HuyFishin
01-06-2021, 09:06 PM
That is quite a few breaks. Very odd. I use the old mojos, premiers and even have a couple croix custom ice rods. No breaks and I don’t put them in cases and they constantly bang up against against each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cube
01-15-2021, 03:18 PM
I have bought 3 st croissant ice rods in last 3 yrs all 3 tips broke off sent email to them an they told me to send them to them an for $25 us per rod they would replace them with better mojo rods previous ones were premiers so I figured for $75 us I’m getting 3 better quality rods went for it . Have had them for 1 season plus this year was fishing walleye an set hook on a3 lb an rod snapped at end of handle using 32 inch medium rod . I have had no issues with there summer rods an like them but getting tired of winter ones. I also take good care of rods casing all the time when not in use. Wondering if anybody else has had issues an what luck u had with warranty. Can’t see sending more money to replace.

Are you using yours in a jaw jacker?

I have 4 premiers and have had no problems at all. Mine are probably 5-6 years old but I never ever use them in a jaw jacker or something similar.

mightybuck
01-15-2021, 05:24 PM
I have a 40” g loomis rod and had the tips break off. Has. Anyone tired to send a loomis. Back on. Warranty for repair? I love that rod and it has a med-heavy action great for larger fish.

old dog
01-15-2021, 07:12 PM
Between my son and I we have 10 36 inch ranging from MH to UL. And the only thing that ever happened was my son got a little to excited when he pulled out a larger walleye and he dropped the rod to grab the fish and the tip was melted by the MR Buddy. Replaced for free at that time.

EZM
01-15-2021, 08:10 PM
I have had many rods break through the years of many different brands. I'd say, on average, the St.Croix product is better than most.

I'd say I have a dozen or more St.Croix rods now between ice/open water.

None of my ice rods from St.Croix has broken, and had one open water rod break (but that might have been kind of a fluke) but generally, I'd say they are better than most others for durability.

Where the St.Croix shines is on feel, solid reel seats and guides and consistent flex and action through the rod blank (as designed).