PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Ice Fishing Gear- Edmonton, AB

dr.crentist
01-10-2021, 08:54 PM
I loaned my brother my tent, auger and heater this weekend. He had his car broken into last night, the tent and auger were taken. He lives in downtown Edmonton.

The tent is the regular sort of thing, Eskimo 949i, 3-4 person, red and black. Nothing distinguishing. The auger was a little different, Eskimo 33cc Stingray with a 10" flite and a bag made out of duct tape attached with zip ties to the handle containing spare parts. Pretty hard to trace anything 100% and the reports have been filled out but I thought I'd post it on here just in case someone sees anything.

Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/MZ5pMaW.jpg

liketoshoot
01-10-2021, 09:33 PM
Hit the pawn shops and buy them back, pretty good chance you will find them. Just which one

Sorry about your luck

nimrod
01-11-2021, 08:13 AM
Hit the pawn shops, if you see your stuff there, call the police, you will get your stuff back, and the perp will be charged lets hope.

Stinky Buffalo
01-11-2021, 08:58 AM
Sorry to hear that. X3 on the pawn shops.

Hope you get your stuff back.

Thieves... So frustrating.

dr.crentist
01-11-2021, 09:09 AM
checking the pawn shops, agreed.

Whammies
01-11-2021, 06:18 PM
Pawn shop don't sell the stuff right away. They have to keep it for a month if not longer before they can sell it. Report it to police

stubblejumper01
01-11-2021, 06:32 PM
Time to tell the brother to start shopping. The Fishin Hole will have the items he lost. Leaving anything of value in a vehicle in the city is never a good idea.
He lost it, time to replace it. Good lesson

HuyFishin
01-11-2021, 06:44 PM
Sorry for your luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old dog
01-11-2021, 09:35 PM
That sucks. Sorry to see. And that’s not cheap to replace

liketoshoot
01-11-2021, 09:49 PM
Pawn shop don't sell the stuff right away. They have to keep it for a month if not longer before they can sell it. Report it to police

Not if they buy it, only a loan they hold it

Buddy found his golf clubs this way, bought them back cheap.

dr.crentist
01-12-2021, 09:53 AM
Time to tell the brother to start shopping. The Fishin Hole will have the items he lost. Leaving anything of value in a vehicle in the city is never a good idea.
He lost it, time to replace it. Good lesson

Yea, he has already brought the same tent to my door new in box. I told him to relax and just get me some auger funds when he can.

I'm not sure what happened, but my guess is he forgot to lock his car or got overly confident with being in a supposedly secure underground garage in the building he lives in. Sucks but if you borrow stuff, take the extra precautions.

stubblejumper01
01-12-2021, 04:21 PM
I can see where you would think it was safe in your buildings underground garage. That sucks. Man the thieves are getting braver all the time. Especially with our catch and release justice system.
I friggin hate thieves!