PDA

View Full Version : I bought the cabelas 6x12 insulated tent that went onsale this week. (REVIEW)

HuyFishin
01-11-2021, 11:06 AM
https://youtu.be/4OeVb7yQIrM

I bought this tent based on value. Hope you guys enjoy my first product review.

58thecat
01-11-2021, 01:19 PM
very nice tent...give us a end of season update on how it held up....tight lines!

mapleleafman3
01-11-2021, 02:37 PM
I have the Cabela's wide bottom thermal (4 person) pop up. I've had it for 4 or 5 seasons. I did initially purchase it in the US as it took a couple more years before it was available in Canada. I have had 0 issues with the shack so far. knock on wood. Definitely a great purchase.

FYI: the Velcro to hold the door open is in the inside by the window.

HuyFishin
01-11-2021, 02:59 PM
I have the Cabela's wide bottom thermal (4 person) pop up. I've had it for 4 or 5 seasons. I did initially purchase it in the US as it took a couple more years before it was available in Canada. I have had 0 issues with the shack so far. knock on wood. Definitely a great purchase.

FYI: the Velcro to hold the door open is in the inside by the window.

haha thank you! I actually found out about the door today when I opened up the tent to air out. I cant believe I missed it!!

JohnB
01-11-2021, 06:30 PM
Good review. Thanks for posting

CBintheNorth
01-11-2021, 11:55 PM
Well done. I enjoyed that.

That is definitely not the tent I looked at in the south store a week ago. Yours must be a newer model.
The one I looked at had horrible stitching every where that let in all the light and I'm sure would let in a lot of wind.

For half the price of an Otter Monster Lodge, it's pretty hard to complain.

Thanks for posting that.

58thecat
01-12-2021, 05:59 AM
haha thank you! I actually found out about the door today when I opened up the tent to air out. I cant believe I missed it!!

Ya missed it cuz your were wide eyed and excited....kinda like Xmas morning:)

HuyFishin
01-12-2021, 09:51 AM
Well done. I enjoyed that.

That is definitely not the tent I looked at in the south store a week ago. Yours must be a newer model.
The one I looked at had horrible stitching every where that let in all the light and I'm sure would let in a lot of wind.

For half the price of an Otter Monster Lodge, it's pretty hard to complain.

Thanks for posting that.

I was watching videos on the older versions of the tent and I could see light leak through the entire tent/fabric and around the letters with the cabelas logos ect. So I did purchase the tent knowing I might have that. But I didnt mind since for me the more light the better for video recording. I also dont need it to be super dark since I don't like looking down the hole. I get head rushes when I sight fish down the hole. So i figured buying this tent wasn't going to be an issue with our without the light leaking.

Thank you for watching

HuyFishin
01-12-2021, 09:52 AM
Ya missed it cuz your were wide eyed and excited....kinda like Xmas morning:)

True! lol I was so excited and stoked with this tent I didn't look at it long enough to realize. I just assumed it was gonna be on the outside like my eskimo hubs and sled tents i've had previously.