PDA

View Full Version : Mann Lake info.

vault
08-17-2009, 03:40 PM
I would like to know some info on Mann lake. If the lake is good for fishing (walleye) and also i have heard the water level is low, if anyone knows the reason for that. Would buying real estate on that lake be a good idea?
Any info would be great.

Penner
08-17-2009, 05:14 PM
You almost can't see the lake from the highway anymore. I'd guess the water is down 20ft from where it was 20 years ago when it use to go under the highway through a culvert. Don't know if there are fish in it anymore upper or lower? Rumor as I hear it is that the area is prone to break-ins!

SNAPFisher
08-17-2009, 07:10 PM
I would like to know some info on Mann lake. If the lake is good for fishing (walleye) and also i have heard the water level is low, if anyone knows the reason for that. Would buying real estate on that lake be a good idea?
Any info would be great.

Hey Vault. I have a cabin on Upper Mann. Have had it since 2001.

Walleye fishing in either lake is non-existent. Both were stocked wayyyy back in the day but have either been fished out of winter/summerkilled. I haven't fished Upper since 2003. It winterkilled huge in 2002 - pike, burbot and perch. Still hasn't recovered since then. The water levels continue to drop big time. Last person to use the boat launch at Upper got stuck in 2-3 feet thick of slimey, smelly, black mud. And they were launching a jet ski...

However, lots of great fishing within arms reach up there. I fish a lot of the surrounding area, other than the Mann lakes, and enjoy it, always. If you don't mind traveling a bit it can be rewarding.

Property values are pretty much flat. If you are looking for an investment type of property it is likely best to plan on somewhere else. If you looking for a place with good fishing in the surrounding area then I think you will be pleased.

vault
08-17-2009, 07:11 PM
well it sounds like it has been low for a long time, that just answered my question for interest in property out that way. anyone who has property out there probably doesn't go there much with water like that, and thats why there are so many b 'n e's.
thanks!

vault
08-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Hey Vault. I have a cabin on Upper Mann. Have had it since 2001.

Walleye fishing in either lake is non-existent. Both were stocked wayyyy back in the day but have either been fished out of winter/summerkilled. I haven't fished Upper since 2003. It winterkilled huge in 2002 - pike, burbot and perch. Still hasn't recovered since then. The water levels continue to drop big time. Last person to use the boat launch at Upper got stuck in 2-3 feet thick of slimey, smelly, black mud. And they were launching a jet ski...

However, lots of great fishing within arms reach up there. I fish a lot of the surrounding area, other than the Mann lakes, and enjoy it, always. If you don't mind traveling a bit it can be rewarding.

Property values are pretty much flat. If you are looking for an investment type of property it is likely best to plan on somewhere else. If you looking for a place with good fishing in the surrounding area then I think you will be pleased.

Thanks Snapfrisher,

yes, the prices look appealing compared to elsewhere. i am looking for something that will be an investment. its too bad that the level has been declining, it looks like it would have been a great lake to fish. Do you know the reason for the decline in water levels?
thanks again

SNAPFisher
08-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks Snapfrisher,

yes, the prices look appealing compared to elsewhere. i am looking for something that will be an investment. its too bad that the level has been declining, it looks like it would have been a great lake to fish. Do you know the reason for the decline in water levels?
thanks again

There are lots of theororists out there who feel it might be due to oil exploration and things of that nature. I don't buy that since the lakes have been just like that in the past and seem to go through cycles. There is just such a lack of moisture in that area. Nothing a good flood wouldn't help :rolleyes:

There is a mass exit right now with flat values and a poor economy. I have two changes in neighbors in as many years. Won't you be my neighbor?
...sorry couldn't resist. Isn't that a song from the 80's :)

vault
08-17-2009, 08:31 PM
There are lots of theororists out there who feel it might be due to oil exploration and things of that nature. I don't buy that since the lakes have been just like that in the past and seem to go through cycles. There is just such a lack of moisture in that area. Nothing a good flood wouldn't help :rolleyes:

There is a mass exit right now with flat values and a poor economy. I have two changes in neighbors in as many years. Won't you be my neighbor?

maybe it would be a good time to buy and bank on the water level to come back and watch the value rise!:D i hope it turns around for you and you can enjoy boating on your own lake!

Penner
08-18-2009, 09:39 AM

I wonder if building a temporary above ground water pipeline from the North Sask or Beaver would ever be feasibale to fill some of these lakes back up? Muriel, Mann, Fork, some of the lakes around St.Paul, etc. They would really benifit from it. We could apply a restrocation tax on all oil & gas companies to fund the costs.

bsnyder
08-18-2009, 10:22 AM
:D:wave:Hi there, if you want a great place with beutifull trees , exellent hunting and fishing heaven come to BigRiver Sask.30 lakes within 1/2 hr drive.Lake lots start at less than 100k.Land prices are climbing steady.Rumer that the mill might take off will double the land values.:D
Lots of people like us are buying now while its still affordable, great place to retire and you can do it earlier because of the cheaper housing costs.:) Thats our plan anyway.Look it up on the internet or talk to Trisha Doucett,the local realtor, tell her Bob sent ya:wave:

mooseknuckle
08-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Always wondered about these lakes we sold our cabin in 90-91 sometime around there we had 1 of 3 cabins on the north end of lower mann lake of course I was just a little guy back then but i can remember catching 100+ pike (decent size 5lb's and up) in a single day out there. I looked at it from google earth wow it's crappy that it's down still has anyone out there even tryed fishing it in the last few years? I think I'll take a drive out there for something to do I 'll let you know what I find if anything.:wave: