PDA

View Full Version : First Ice Lake Trout Cold Lake

Weavster
01-14-2021, 10:08 AM
I was finally able to make it out on the main lake last week and seen 6-7" of ice off the marina. In french bay a few days before I had seen anywhere from 5-9". I imagine the Cold over the weekend helped push those numbers up a little but the wet snow we got yesterday is going to hurt future growth. Like I've said before if you're heading out use caution that fresh snow will have hidden a lot of the heaves and cracks out there.

The Fishing was sporadic throughout French Bay last week run and gun produced a decent day of fishing as did camping out at the point and picking them off as they came through. I finally made it out to the marina where I found a nice school of hungry trout willing to cooperate before I had to head back to work

Once again thank you for the support and I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/il8oTe3KCRI

35 whelen
01-14-2021, 11:43 AM
NICE How much snow on lake now.

58thecat
01-14-2021, 11:47 AM
NICE How much snow on lake now.

we got about a foot...drifts due to winds...gonna be fun times!

Mat another great vid for us to enjoy...like the fact that you share locations, what works etc..that's what makes the vids as you and I both know that it might work one day and then a complete different presentation/location is required the next...keep'em coming and tight lines.

guysmiley
01-14-2021, 01:25 PM
Great footage! I enjoyed watching your flasher. Learned a lot!

fish99
01-14-2021, 10:31 PM
what gen of helix 7 are you using

sns2
01-14-2021, 11:04 PM
Great vid!

simpatico
01-15-2021, 02:22 PM
I was wondering same thing. What sonar unit are you using. I’m a fishing electronics dummy. My kids are constantly telling me without electronics we will never catch a Cold Lake Trout. I have been there 7 times and I catch 1 by fluke.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Tony

Weavster
01-15-2021, 07:38 PM
what gen of helix 7 are you using

I was wondering same thing. What sonar unit are you using. I’m a fishing electronics dummy. My kids are constantly telling me without electronics we will never catch a Cold Lake Trout. I have been there 7 times and I catch 1 by fluke.
Any help would be great appreciated.
Tony

The good ol Helix gen 1.. But i can attest I have been using the new lowrance active target the last few days and all i can say is game changer!! Hopfully I can capture some footage to share.

Weavster
01-15-2021, 07:45 PM
Great vid!

Thanks I appreciate it!

Great footage! I enjoyed watching your flasher. Learned a lot!

Nothing beats the anticipation watching a laker scream up on elctronics

fish99
01-15-2021, 09:08 PM
thanks weav .
looks like i should buy an ice kit for my helix 7 gen 1