PDA

View Full Version : Chinese cameras

double gun
01-17-2021, 08:27 PM
So a few years ago a few guys were buying the Chinese cameras. I would like to hear how they stood up, and what thoughts the buyers had now a few years later.

So if you have one, please give me your thoughts on them.

mayuan
01-17-2021, 09:28 PM
I had one and it was OK. Leaked when I first got it and had to fix that and the cable connectors for the video(RCA) would break if it was too cold. I might still have it in the garage, now that I think of it. Video quality was not bad, but not as good as the Marcum. The unit was run off an old laptop and I have some video to show the quality. https://youtu.be/JRj9_8hg2Rc

Habfan
01-18-2021, 07:34 AM
3 years now and still works great. Actually, the picture is as good as any I’ve seen, including my Marcum. Mine is the Eyoyo.

double gun
01-18-2021, 09:49 AM
Thanks Habfan, the eyoyo is the one I’ve been eyeballing.

vic1
01-18-2021, 10:07 AM
My buddy has one of them in aluminum case for over 3 years now. No problems with it end has better picture that my Aqua-Vu.

57charlie
01-18-2021, 10:11 AM
I bought the made in China Eyoyo 4.3" U/W camera in Mar/2017. It's still working well, the picture is still as clear as it was on day one. I use it primarily just to see what kind of underwater features, structures (slopes, rocks, drop-offs, weed beds etc.) I'm fishing in. It rarely stays on for long periods. It's even better if fish show up on the screen. I'll use my flasher for letting me know if there are fish around.

jpohlic
01-18-2021, 11:36 AM
Another vote for the Eyoyo, mine is 3 yrs old and still works great. Can't beat it for the price

double gun
01-18-2021, 11:55 AM
And as a follow up, is there a better place to order from than ebay?

The 7” 15m plain version I’m looking at is $150 shipped on eBay from the cheapest vendor.

57charlie
01-18-2021, 12:22 PM
And as a follow up, is there a better place to order from than ebay?

The 7” 15m plain version I’m looking at is $150 shipped on eBay from the cheapest vendor.

I found mine on Amazon.ca. eBay's shipping & 3rd party handling costs can be ridiculous.

JohninAB
01-18-2021, 02:09 PM
Uncle Weiner’s website in Edmonton shows the 9 inch version Eyoyo. Price is $329. Not sure if that is a good deal or not

jpohlic
01-18-2021, 02:13 PM
I paid around $165 all in for the 7" Eyoyo on Amazon, but that was 3 years ago.

HuyFishin
01-18-2021, 02:16 PM
Uncle Weiner’s website in Edmonton shows the 9 inch version Eyoyo. Price is $329. Not sure if that is a good deal or not

seems to be the same price on amazon after shipping.

http://unclewiener.com/product/new-fish-finder-underwater-camera-ir-led-cam-dvr-9-in-monitor-k204mg/

Amazon has headache free returns though

curtis_rak
01-18-2021, 05:11 PM
I’ve seen a few of these cameras in action and I would never buy a Marcum again.

Best prices for the Chinese cameras is eBay, you can find them for as low was $130 with the average being about $160. The only downside is it looks like you won’t get one until March or April from EBay.

For those of you with shacks and larger screens on the wall, you can buy the camera head-only that you connect to a battery and direct to the screen with a video cable. Those are about $80. But again, the magical sea-can from China won’t be here until spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking moose
01-18-2021, 05:17 PM
2 of my friends bought eyoyo’s. One crapped out second time using it, the other is still going. Buddy’s that crapped out was out of luck. They wouldn’t warranty it.

bessiedog
01-18-2021, 05:39 PM
Perfect timing for this thread!

I JUST took a chance and ordered the 9” screen version for a friend of mine.

249 Amazon

I’m feeling lil better bout this purchase.

EZM
01-18-2021, 09:11 PM
I am glad people are having good luck with these. For me risking that kind of money with no recourse if the product sucks or breaks leaves me too nervous. Often times for a little more money, you can buy a new one on sale and rest a little easier if something goes sideways.

Having said that, there are times where I will buy a "house brand" of a tool or something I might use once in a blue moon - like a giant sized pipe wrench or something like that, where it's likely made in China and cheap - but if I'm saving 75% on the price - I can stomach that risk.

mlee
01-19-2021, 07:49 AM
4 years with my eyoyo....zero issues and the picture is as good as any aquaview I've seen.

sirmike68
01-19-2021, 08:30 AM
You can buy these off Aliexpress direct from china for cheaper.

CNP
01-19-2021, 08:41 AM
You can buy these off Aliexpress direct from china for cheaper.

I bought an EYOYO 5" monitor and camera off aliexpress last year. Works fine. I've purchased a number of thing off aliexpress over the years.

58thecat
01-19-2021, 08:43 AM
I bought an EYOYO 5" monitor and camera off aliexpress last year. Works fine. I've purchased a number of thing off aliexpress over the years.

Gonna check this out....100 foot cable will get me In the ball park for lakers..

Burbot Sherbet
01-19-2021, 09:06 AM
My Eyoyo 7” had great picture and lasted exactly 3 years before it mysteriously died. I feel like the $130 I paid was still a good deal for 3 years with a decent camera.

SamSteele
01-19-2021, 09:48 AM
Gonna check this out....100 foot cable will get me In the ball park for lakers..

I'd be surprised if you have enough light penetration for visibility at that depth, no matter what camera. My experience with scuba diving in fresh water is anything past 60 feet gets really dark, really fast, even on a bright summer day.

SS

HuyFishin
01-19-2021, 10:09 AM

I think even if you did get it down that deep in order to see that bait your camera is gonna have to be right next to the lure minimum 2 feet away due to visibility and darkness. with the laker fighting at 100 feet deep I would be concerned with a tangle on the camera.

Talking moose
01-19-2021, 10:16 AM
Camera on cold would be ok for suspended Lakers with the camera pointed down instead of horizontal. As stated though a tangled mess would eventually happen. Unless your camera is just below the ice and you are fishing fairly high in the column.

58thecat
01-19-2021, 10:36 AM
I think even if you did get it down that deep in order to see that bait your camera is gonna have to be right next to the lure minimum 2 feet away due to visibility and darkness. with the laker fighting at 100 feet deep I would be concerned with a tangle on the camera.

hmmm maybe I tie on a TC Moto to it say a foot or so below....what is the cable rated for? :)….hand line it...