PDA

View Full Version : 2 new ice fishing reels - free for a deserving kid

TippyCanoe
01-18-2021, 06:16 PM
I have 2 new (used 3 times) ice fishing reels free for any kiddo 12 years or younger. They are Berkley. Not top of the line but work fine. They hold 120 yards of 6 lbs test. I live in Beddington in Calgary. Must be accompanied by a parent to pick up.

All I ask is that whoever gets them is that they promise to shovel a needy neighbours driveway twice this winter.

PM me if you have a child that is interested and can live up to the promise.

Jigsalot
01-18-2021, 06:22 PM
I have 2 new (used 3 times) ice fishing reels free for any kiddo 12 years or younger. They are Berkley. Not top of the line but work fine. They hold 120 yards of 6 lbs test. I live in Beddington in Calgary. Must be accompanied by a parent to pick up.

All I ask is that whoever gets them is that they promise to shovel a needy neighbours driveway twice this winter.

PM me if you have a child that is interested and can live up to the promise.

Good for you to do that👍

old dog
01-18-2021, 07:32 PM
I’ve always wondered how to give away some gear wo it ending up in someone’s hand that just flips it and sales it or could have afforded it in the first place. This is a good idea. Please post how it turns out.

HuyFishin
01-18-2021, 08:39 PM
good on you!! what if the neighbor is a dick though haha

TippyCanoe
01-18-2021, 08:55 PM
Pick a different neighbour. No takers yet

TippyCanoe
01-19-2021, 12:32 PM
No kiddo interested in two free reels? Not what I expected. I would have jumped at this as a kid. I’d post pictures of them if knew how but that seems to be a bit tech savvy for me on this site.

I’ll up the age to 17 and under then. Same rules apply as per my original post.

Alternatively, I know there’s some great folks on here that put on kids ice fishing days. If you can make use of the gear PM me.

HuyFishin
01-19-2021, 12:34 PM
I would for my niece and nephew but my sister would kill me since she is the house hold covid police. haha So if I told her the kids had to do some door knocking she would kill me.

HuyFishin
01-19-2021, 12:44 PM
I suppose they can just shovel without asking HAHA

TrollGRG
01-19-2021, 03:28 PM
If you want to message me your postal address I can send you a bunch of wire worms and a few others for ice fishing.
I also have a Marmish fishing system that they can have.

TippyCanoe
01-20-2021, 02:21 PM
Very generous offer TrollGrg. I have two young brothers and their dad coming by to pick up the reels after school today.

Mod’s: you can delete this post.