PDA

View Full Version : Check your ice shack

muzzy
01-20-2021, 06:09 PM
After that wind yesterday if you have an icefishing shack out on lake you better arrange to have it checked. I was just out at lac ste Anne and its like a war zone on ice. My shack is on its side and a good mile down the lake from where it was set up. I'd say 90% of shacks are about 500yards to mile and half from where they were. I'd also guess 40% are flipped on side and at least 6-8 are totally destroyed and scattered a mile down lake. It reminded my of the Roswell New Mexico UFO debris field. I suspect there's carnage on many lakes in central Alberta

dryflyguy
01-21-2021, 11:10 AM
After that wind yesterday if you have an icefishing shack out on lake you better arrange to have it checked. I was just out at lac ste Anne and its like a war zone on ice. My shack is on its side and a good mile down the lake from where it was set up. I'd say 90% of shacks are about 500yards to mile and half from where they were. I'd also guess 40% are flipped on side and at least 6-8 are totally destroyed and scattered a mile down lake. It reminded my of the Roswell New Mexico UFO debris field. I suspect there's carnage on many lakes in central Alberta

Father in law had a shack booked today at Lac Ste Anne, the operator called him yesterday to say the reservation was cancelled because all of their shacks had either flipped or sustained damage. Hopefully nobody was in any of them the other night, that squall came up pretty damn fast

Surfnturf
01-21-2021, 06:46 PM

I was out on Spray Lakes fishing in my camping chair with no shelter 😂

58thecat
01-21-2021, 07:08 PM
Father in law had a shack booked today at Lac Ste Anne, the operator called him yesterday to say the reservation was cancelled because all of their shacks had either flipped or sustained damage. Hopefully nobody was in any of them the other night, that squall came up pretty damn fast

Would have been a wicked ride....from jigging to trolling...in a heart beat.:)

Drewski Canuck
01-23-2021, 12:40 AM
I was out on Spray Lakes fishing in my camping chair with no shelter 😂

Sure, but how much do you WEIGH???

A small guy would still be blowing across Saskatchewan with the wind.

Someone a little more... stout, could stay put in a tornado.

Just Saying!

Drewski

Dewey Cox
01-23-2021, 08:27 AM
Mine went on its side on Buffalo lake.
We've used that shack for probably 8 years now and this is a first.
I'm glad no one was in it, with a raging fire in the stove at the time!

muzzy
01-23-2021, 01:34 PM
Store owner at Alberta beach told my buddy yhst several shacks burned down on lac ste Anne and lac la nonne after people left fires or coals going inbtheir wood stoves and shacks flipped

Surfnturf
01-23-2021, 05:13 PM
Sure, but how much do you WEIGH???

A small guy would still be blowing across Saskatchewan with the wind.

Someone a little more... stout, could stay put in a tornado.

Just Saying!

Drewski

186 cm, 90 kg. I set my chair backing into the wind so I can actually keep my eyes open and see what I'm doing lol. I wore full set of thermals, 1 t-shirt, 1 sweater, 1
warm hoodie, my hunting clothes (parka and bib). I got a bit cold still since every time I tried to get up and warm up my chair tried to fly. Good times.