PDA

View Full Version : Fairfax lake

Deep
08-18-2009, 01:15 AM
Anyone have recent experience with "Fairfax lake". I know its been stocked with rainbows for many years- are there Brookies also in this lake? Thanks for any info. Deep

lambski
08-18-2009, 12:59 PM
:)I have fished Fairifax a few times and it is definately not at the top of my list. Lots of small rainbows and the odd brookie. Pretty sure that there is some naturel reproduction when it comes to the brookies. I am sure that there is some big ones in there as every lake has them. I can however assure you that there are some lakes near by that are way better fisheries with the chance of a ten pounder. The campground at fairifax is decent. Good luck!!:)

Paul C
08-18-2009, 08:46 PM
There is good sized Booke trout there. Lots of small ones (dinkers), they like to smash and grab my bait. The full moon fishing is fun to watch to see all those large ones cruising for a meal.
:DCheers:D

fishman
08-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Fairfax reminds me of carson lake.............lots of dinkers with the odd bigger fish in the bunch.......the brookies are only in a few parts of the lake with the highest concentration being north west end of the lake around the outflow