PDA

View Full Version : Koenders ice fishing shack

crudedude
01-24-2021, 11:49 AM
Hi there, does anyone own a Koenders ice fishing shack and can provide a review. What are the pros and cons. Thanks in advance.

lromanchuk
01-24-2021, 12:00 PM
I can't speak for the shack, but I have one of their largest trapper style cargo sleds and it's the best piece of gear I've ever owned. I love it.

So if the shacks are anything like the sleds as far as quality, you'll be happy.

Northwinds
01-24-2021, 12:32 PM
I have 5 of them 3 insulated,2 without.
the good.....very warm with 0 windchill.I have wood stoves in all mine to provide that dry heat.Very roomy,the frontal shelf portion allows for a massive amount of gear to be stowed. The hole covers seal very well,making next to nothing for chipping out for the next day. They pull very well behind a quad provided you have the tow hitch for them.They are high enough to stand upon without cracking your head on the ceiling and lastly they are lockable

the bad......seats are to high and to deep for proper visibility down the hole but then I am somewhat vertically challenged.
The holes in the floor are way to close to the seats,making viewing tough and you need a very short rod to make them work.They are heavy,doubtful if you could load one into the back of a truck by yourself(uninsulated) no way with a couple guys for the insulated models.And they are expensive. When using a gas auger in them make sure the door is wide open,fumes have no where to go and possibly drill one hole at a time.

Overall,if you want a very warm almost indestructible shack,this is the one to get.I had clients in them almost every day for five years and the only person that ever complained about some of the issue's was me

yoteblaster
01-24-2021, 06:20 PM
I have one and so does a friend. We both only hand line so rod length not an issue. Both have wood burning stoves. Zero complaints after 6 years of using them.

dr.crentist
01-24-2021, 07:21 PM
is cost listed on their site? did I miss it?

crudedude
01-24-2021, 07:35 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. The cost is around $2800.00 which includes the tow bar.

crudedude
01-28-2021, 09:30 AM
Well purchased a un insulated one for under a grand, needs a little TLC. But is in very good condition for the year. North winds what kind of wood stove did you use? Look forward to putting it on the ice this coming up weekend. Thanks

Northwinds
01-28-2021, 11:37 AM
Koenders actually has a wood stove for these shacks.I was quite shocked how small and light it was at first glance,however that little stove will keep that shack perfect all day long.You will like your shack!!

crudedude
01-28-2021, 12:47 PM
I have reached out to them for pricing on the small wood stove. The shack I have purchased is an older model with the large storage up front and the second shelf, where and how did mount the wood stove ? Thank you for your responses.

double gun
01-28-2021, 04:14 PM
Hold-on is another company making similar shacks but offered multiple sizes when I was looking at them a few years ago - now I only see the one size listed...

www.hold-onindustries.com/shop/ice-fishing-hut-deluxe/

Pikewillbite
11-13-2022, 01:01 PM
If you pick up one of these shacks you will have to figure out a way to keep the catch covers closed when pulling your shack in snow. The covers pop off and the shack will fill with snow. The fit on the door is terrible. Make sure to bring towels with you to stuff in between the door and frame to keep the wind out. I heat mine with a Chinese diesel heater and it works like a charm. You will have to install a battery to run the heater and solar panel on it to maintain the battery charge. I used a 100w solar panel and it kept the battery charged all winter. Here is a link to the heater that I used. https://www.amazon.ca/VEVOR-Diesel-Heater-Air-8KW/dp/B09C2Y88GF/ref=asc_df_B09C2Y88GF/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=578861385490&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14302550782102331722&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001268&hvtargid=pla-1613620386454&psc=1