PDA

View Full Version : Double Trouble

Topshot
01-25-2021, 11:16 PM
Hi, I,m 62 years old and it is funny that some people think I,m full of BS. If you want some advise about fishing ask or want to give some advise I will l listen. No haters. I cannot believe that me and my group are the only ones to have double fish. I post mine and lets have some fun.

slough shark
01-26-2021, 12:40 AM
I’ve never had a double header pike, that’s pretty cool, I used to get double headers of walleye at pine coulee back 5-10 years ago pretty regularly, usually a couple times each time out. Back when I was a young lad I used to go for perch with a 3 hook pickerel rig and I had a few triple headers.

58thecat
01-26-2021, 06:09 AM
Who would think your full of B.S....proof is in the pic....ya got doubles....:sHa_shakeshout:

kevinhits
01-26-2021, 09:52 AM
I have had more than a few doubles. So far, walleye, pike and trout.:)

HuyFishin
01-26-2021, 09:53 AM
just wait till you catch a fish and another fish comes to eat the fish you catch.

DeanHrehirc
01-26-2021, 10:00 AM
i caught double pike at Devils lake fishing off the bridge in the spring

th3count
01-26-2021, 10:01 AM
Hi, I,m 62 years old and it is funny that some people think I,m full of BS. If you want some advise about fishing ask or want to give some advise I will l listen. No haters. I cannot believe that me and my group are the only ones to have double fish. I post mine and lets have some fun.

Dan?

th3count
01-26-2021, 10:03 AM
I don't have a picture. I was at Bullshead Reservoir and had a trout on, then a pelican came and snatched up my trout. Does that count as a double?

Topshot
01-26-2021, 11:10 AM
The picture with the walleye is my son. Daniel. Do you know him?

marlin1
01-26-2021, 11:17 AM
no pics but in days past I've had doubles on rocky mountain whitefish and lake trout at Spray

Topshot
01-26-2021, 11:24 AM
Yeath that should. The pike picture is when the pike are spawning. A couple years ago. Find a good open year round lake with late ice. March-April and when they are spawning they go crazy. Last about 2- 3 weeks. Lots of fun. We had a production line set up. Take them out of tent, drop then down the outside hole. Rinse and repeat.

Topshot
01-26-2021, 11:33 AM
I have fished Bullshead Reservoir. Got a double rainbow at mitchell lake about 30 years ago on corn. Then they drained it and it never been is good.

fish99
01-26-2021, 01:53 PM
I have had doubles on rainbows and perch

graybeard
01-26-2021, 02:38 PM
just wait till you catch a fish and another fish comes to eat the fish you catch.

That exact thing happened to me last summer.

I was out at Lake Newell and was reeling in a walleye when a 24" pike came in from the side and just hammered my walleye. This all happened 6' away from me....

I got them both to the edge and the pike released itself and I released the walleye.....Unreal....

58thecat
01-26-2021, 02:41 PM

yup this summer had an eye on and then a pike ate'em….in the yak...what a poop show.....they both got released.:) Well the pike got off bouncing around the yak and I unhooked the eye...

Topshot
01-26-2021, 08:38 PM
Pike are mean. I have seen 2 ducks disappear from the mighty pike. One second they were there and next second gone. You had to be looking right at them.

trigger7mm
01-26-2021, 08:54 PM
Quite a few years ago I was lucky enough to get a double on walleye. 2 fish on one crack with at the same time. One on the front treble and one on the back.

Topshot
01-26-2021, 09:08 PM
Thats not a double. One 2 years ago and one 8 years ago.

goku88
01-26-2021, 10:52 PM
Thats not a double. One 2 years ago and one 8 years ago.

back in 92 when i was commercial fishing rock cod. i caught 4 rock fish with 2 big lingcod chomping down 2 of the cods. wouldnt let go so i netted all of them. knights inlet, georgia straits bc. even had an octopus trying to steal my herring once. strangest fight ever, one moment big log next your line floating up and repeat. tentacles is a handful until you put him in a bucket with butter at the top

Topshot
01-27-2021, 09:35 PM
Sorry I meant the ducks were not a double.

EZM
01-27-2021, 10:11 PM
When I was a kid - I was fishing with my brother off the dock and I went to cast and caught him just below the nipple and myself in the back of the hand after she swung around and the weight hit me in the tooth .......... does that count?

At least my brother was quick to grab the rod tip as he broke out into a terrifying scream and my dad came down to rescue us. That's what happens when you keep stepping in front of each other to get "the good spot" on the dock.

Topshot
01-28-2021, 09:28 PM
Funny, but not funny. I was trolling with my son and his friend in his friends boat. He was using a folding lawn chair for the middle seat because he said he had a sore back. I said you are up high and top heavy. He said ok done it before. I,m driving, friend in middle on lawn chair and son in front. My son goes to cast and I hear see his friend screaming. He caught his friends ear. He had 3 triple hooks stuck in his ear. Two triple had 2 hooks in and one triple had a single hook in. I tried to remove them needle nose pliers but only problem he would scream when I tried and he had a funny girly scream. So he would scream and we couldn’t help but to laugh and then he would laugh to. He had to go the hospital. He was ok. So wear a wide brim fishing. Protects from lures and sun or son. Funny, but not funny.

eagleflyfisher
01-28-2021, 09:58 PM
You guys are talking about a double header?
Why does that look like a 2 headed pike to me?
Is it not ?

Topshot
01-28-2021, 10:13 PM
He had a funny story and I had a funny story. Just talking. I thought this was a forum.

Topshot
01-28-2021, 10:14 PM
Do the ban, I hope it it dosn,t hurt.

Topshot
01-28-2021, 10:39 PM
Before I go I would like to ask Wayne how many doubles he caught

kevinhits
01-29-2021, 12:58 PM
Do the ban, I hope it it dosn,t hurt.

Who are you talking to?

Topshot
01-29-2021, 07:00 PM
Another picture.

WayneChristie
01-30-2021, 09:48 AM
Before I go I would like to ask Wayne how many doubles he caught

Had pike take my walleye 3 times and another pike I had hooked as well. Lots of doubles in the river but i usually go to a single hook when I'm sturgeon fishing . Have a lot of doubles on suckers in the river as well as mixed doubles like sucker and a walleye plus a sturgeon and a sucker one time. When I was tagging and using 2 rods i had 2 sturgeon hooked at the same time twice, now that's exciting! Landed all 4 too theres a little known secret I found out about them :test:
This Thursday was my favorite kind of double my oldest son and I both hooked a pike and landed them at the same time :sHa_shakeshout:

MDR
01-30-2021, 03:30 PM
Never had a double on a rod and reel, but I have caught two burbot on a setline that had 2 hooks spaced a foot apart.

Topshot
01-30-2021, 09:02 PM
Ok, the story behind the double pickerel. We were staying a week at Walters cottage at Pine lake near Red Deer. Nice place with a dock. Got there on Saturday started fishing on Sunday. Trolling all day going through the tackle box with 2 small pike to show for it. Trolled back to cottage and decided to check out weed bed at south end across from cottage. Lots of fish on the fish finder and lots of little strikes. I think perch, so perch is better than nothing. Decided to use bait, small minnows and pickerel rigs. Went out Monday after lunch and got our first walleye at 3pm and then it was crazy fishing till 5pm. Me and Wife got a doubles and we caught about 20 Walleye. Kids arrived on Tuesday and were eager to fish. They went out in the morning to the spot and got nothing. So me and the kids went out at 2pm and nothing in till around 3pm. Then it was crazy again in till 5pm. That picture was his double. Wednesday the same time and place great fishing. Wednesday night we had a storm, the wind changed and after that not a bite.

EZM
01-30-2021, 09:59 PM
Fishing below the Bassano dam some 30 years ago, we would wade in as far as we could and fire out a pickerel rig with a 1 oz weight and let it bounce down the current, with a piece of night crawler on each hook and there were many times, often 2 or three times in a row, you would get a goldeye double on the line.

If they are active, they are so much fun a couple bounces, you feel a bite, set the hook, start reeling in and another pull as you are reeling and you are bringing in 2 at a time.

Was pretty cool.

These days I hardly ever us a pickerel rig as they are junk and NEVER use those silly cheap wire hooks, but the spreaders do help keeping things from tangling if that's your style.

DiabeticKripple
01-30-2021, 10:18 PM
ive had a "double"

caught a decent 21" walleye and halfway up it got significantly heavier and fought weird. got it to the surface and a 15lb pike had t-boned it and i got both in the net.

EZM
01-30-2021, 10:26 PM
Was reeling in a little 13"-15" Pike. Another pike came up (he was maybe 6" longer) and tried hitting him a few times as he swam around the boat .... like how the #$%^ did he think he was going to eat that?

Pike are silly.

Topshot
01-30-2021, 10:27 PM
You are right, some of the cheaper rigs are junk. But you can get it in small hooks, middle hooks and big hooks. Also you can put a smelt on the top hook and a worm on the bottom and touch bottom easy.