PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake June 10, 2007 report (Slide Show Link added)

-NDN-
06-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Fished June 10, 2007 (Sunday) with JohninAB, over at Pigeon Lake, at the Provincial park. Link to Slideshow at bottom to see pics from trip.

fishing was overall crazy. but the day started out just as crazy. The drain plug went missing and had to do some handy work to access it as it went under the floor in the boat. then, the boat launch had a good size boat wash up on it. lots of damage to the boat, glad it wasn't mine.

Jigs, crankbaits, and flyfishing all produced for the walleyes. i was hoping to try for whitefish on the flyrod, but conditions sucked early in the morning and we moved onto walleyes, with no problems. minnows, power grubs, Gulp!, and leeches were used to tip the jigheads. caught some walleyes crankin' a gold/orange Grappler Shad, and some slip bobbers were used.

Overall John and I caught easily over 100 walleyes from the whole day, and 1 of those, plus 1 small pike were caught on a flyrod and a Clouser minnow fly. Didn't get a pic of the pike:( but i think it was the only one caught in the whole area)

Big thx to JohninAB for inviting me out on the water.:D
v
v
v
v
v
v

Click here for slideshow I posted on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pLe2q5T3NM)

-NDN-
06-11-2007, 11:35 AM
forgot to add those pics of the boat that was washed up on the Prov park boat launch. yikes. and added a couple of my highlight of the day, that walleye on the flyrod. sure bent that 5 wt over

Rockymtnx
06-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Great video!
Thanks for sharing with us.

What was the biggest one you got? Looks like lots in that 2 pound range.

sheephunter
06-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Great job on the video...loved the music!

Duk Dog
06-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Great video, looks like a great day.

Ayr
06-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Good show.

JohninAB
06-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Great job on the video Mike! And you were an awesome anchor boy. Our next adventure has to be pike. Let me know when and where!

-NDN-
06-11-2007, 01:30 PM
more of a slideshow guys, lol, but thx.

Yeah for sure John, that was a great day, didnt realize how tanned up I got, my back looks like a white flag

as for size, i dunno, didnt weigh any, but John measured a couple of the bigger ones, so he'd have to tell you.

Bear Ballz
06-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Nice lookin' fish boys. I was out on Thursday and Sunday and all the fish seemed to be 2-3 lb. range a couple of 4's maybe. But nonetheless the action was incredible, lost a few pike as well right at the boat one probably about a 6'er

packhuntr
06-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Looks like you guys had a blast, some nice eyes, gotta love it hey!!!

keep a strain on er, pack.

-JR-
06-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Hey John AB
What time were you on the lake ,We were out there also about 12:00noon till 6:00 ,But not fishing in front ,we were else where catching 4to 5 pd walleye all day in deeper water .
Fishing was slower only 30 each in deeper water but worth it as these fish gave more a fight ! The fish bio. guy at the boat dock was happy to see our 7 pd tagged walleye .
He said that was the biggest he seen at pigeon in 2 years .
Tagging sure have taken out some large fish !

Did you not make it to Wabasca Either ?

JR

Bear Ballz
06-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey JR, were you the two guys out in the middle of the lake ? I was out there in a white Larson ski boat and there were two guys in yellow jackets about 100 or so yards from us. There were two of us in my boat as well

Cam-hunter
06-11-2007, 09:04 PM
DCool pics thanks for sharing NDN

Shovelhead 74
06-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Two weekends and 2 boats washed up at the launch. Glad it wasn't mine.
Just a reminder guys don't leave out on the water after dark.

MB1
06-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Really like the video NDN, you could of had a career as a model with that pose of yours...lol. Still wanting to fish with you this summer. RDR is high and muddy and will be for a while. I have a boat and we can hit any of the lakes around here. Here's a pike from last Canada day at Sylvan.

cmfic1
06-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Good Slide/Vid. Looks like you guys had a good time.

The invite is still open Mike, let me know.

Hey Bear, we should get together out there soon.

-NDN-
06-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Really like the video NDN, you could of had a career as a model with that pose of yours...lol. Still wanting to fish with you this summer. RDR is high and muddy and will be for a while. I have a boat and we can hit any of the lakes around here. Here's a pike from last Canada day at Sylvan.

Nice Pike MB, whats the length on her??? I know what you mean about the RDR, last month i heard Dave Jensen didnt even think the RDR was gonna clear up until the end of June, after those rains and such, probably gonna be even longer.:( But yeah, im still up for it too. you been out to see the Clearwater??

Hey CMFIC1, no worries, i still remember, probably after my June Holidays sometime, just has to squeek some time out to go, July is gonna be busy:D

JohninAB
06-12-2007, 01:54 PM
JR, we were by the boat launch. Went to move and my motor started acting up so we stayed there. We were there from 815 till 730 at nite. And no I never made it to Wabasca this year. Too much other stuff going on.

Winchester70
06-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Best fishing report ever....great job NDN..:D