PDA

View Full Version : Cree lake lodge

Z7fulldraw
01-26-2021, 08:06 PM
Anyone ever sledded into to Cree lake lodge and ice fished it? If so what was the120km sled ride in like?

lannie
01-26-2021, 08:16 PM
Anyone ever sledded into to Cree lake lodge and ice fished it? If so what was the120km sled ride in like?

I parked a truck at the airstrip at key lake mines a few years ago. Went from there to McIntyre lake which is beside Cree. There is a small river between the two lakes about 300 yards long. The quad trip was about 4 hours and a bit rough.
Friend had the lodge there and I believe he owned cree lake lodge before that.
That route would have been closer to 50 or 60 km I would think.

nimrod
01-26-2021, 08:35 PM

If your thinking your heading out there, take a canvas tent with stove hole and a stove with you just in case, just my feeling., if you need one I can lend you one and a stove, just need trees to stand up the tent, but if it does not come back, please replace it.

Z7fulldraw
01-26-2021, 08:54 PM
I parked a truck at the airstrip at key lake mines a few years ago. Went from there to McIntyre lake which is beside Cree. There is a small river between the two lakes about 300 yards long. The quad trip was about 4 hours and a bit rough.
Friend had the lodge there and I believe he owned cree lake lodge before that.
That route would have been closer to 50 or 60 km I would think.

You think the quad trail would be good sledding. Do you have a map you can send with the route or mark up a google photo

lannie
01-26-2021, 09:22 PM
You think the quad trail would be good sledding. Do you have a map you can send with the route or mark up a google photo

I was with two other quads and was following and we left the strip before sun up in the summer. I said 50 or 60 kms and i think now it was probably less than 50. If there are no tracks to follow it would be difficult to find. Best directions would be had by contacting present owners of Mcintyre lodge or Cree I would think. Fishing was awesome, got sick of catching lakers for sure. Personal best Jack fish is from that trip.

sns2
01-26-2021, 09:26 PM
If your thinking your heading out there, take a canvas tent with stove hole and a stove with you just in case, just my feeling., if you need one I can lend you one and a stove, just need trees to stand up the tent, but if it does not come back, please replace it.

Where's the damn "like" button on this forum???

EZM
01-26-2021, 09:49 PM
If you do head up - take some pictures and tell us the story so the rest of us can live vicariously through your adventure. Sounds like fun, be prepared and stay safe. Good Luck !!!

mlee
01-27-2021, 08:26 AM
I know guys who have done the trip both summer and winter from the key lake mine staging area. 50-60km in....some of it is real slow going.
Brian Garrett owns the lodge on cree....seems like a real stand up guy and will offer guidance if you plan on making the trip. $150/night to stay at the lodge over winter as well.