PDA

View Full Version : Northern BC?

Bushleague
02-17-2021, 04:03 PM
Planning a road trip to southern BC/ Vancouver Island next summer. Crossing into BC at Dawson Creek and then heading south wouldnt be much more trouble for me than going through Jasper. If anyone knows of any good fishing, hiking, or anything else worth seeing on that route I'd be interested to hear about it.

AlbertanGP
02-17-2021, 04:29 PM
One Island Lake just across the border would likely offer the opportunity to catch a nice rainbow or brook trout from shore. There's lots of great hiking around Tumbler Ridge according to my kids. Catching double digit 20+lb lakers daily is possible in Williston Lake, but you would need someone with a big boat to guide you as that lake is very dangerous. Lots of little trout lakes around Prince George that I am not familiar with. Hopefully that gets you started.

Smoky buck
02-17-2021, 05:36 PM
Once you cross over the Rockies it will be dominated by trout/char species till you hit the lower mainland

Pine/Sukunka rivers around chetwynd can by good for greying, bulls, and some rainbows

There is a ton of spots for rainbows along the way and bulls mixed in the northern rivers and part of the south

Crossing over the hurly to pemberton and down the sea to sky you might enjoy. Cutties, rainbows, bulls and salmon if your timing matches can be found along the way.

The lower mainland you can find trout, bass, panfish, carp, salmon(timing), and sturgeon but it’s very urban

Half asleep on nights but if you have any questions on the above ask. In 2 days I will be off work and more awake

Cageyc
02-17-2021, 09:09 PM
Fish grayling in the pine pass between powder king ski resort and Chetwynd, the river is right along side of the road. You can fish Findlay bay north of Mackenzie for 20# bull trout. Dina lakes also north of Mackenzie used to have some nice rainbows. Tacheda lake used to have Kokanee. You can drive to the top of Morfee mountain near Mackenzie for some nice views of Williston lake and numerous mountains. Maybe see some caribou, ptarmigan and marmots. There’s so much to see and do in northern B.C.

Enjoy