PDA

View Full Version : Cold Lake Mid-season Success

Weavster
02-22-2021, 03:08 PM
Sometimes those mid-season lake trout can be tricky to trick into biting. Sometimes a small move can make the difference of a day being a success or not. This was defiantly the case for this day moved out a little deeper onto a different piece of near by structure and the bite was on. Unfortunately I had some camera difficulties so no flasher camera but with the quality of fish in this school I couldn't not share the footage..

Like always I can't thank everyone enough for the support and encouragement. Tight Lines and Enjoy

https://youtu.be/ru6MvLGP8eE

Frank_NK28
02-22-2021, 03:29 PM
Some nice fish!! Well done!

58thecat
02-22-2021, 03:49 PM
Like that you share what you were using Matt...what depth did you move out too? Like I mentioned before we tend to sit on 120-140' late ice season but got a little antzy and went to 90' only to strike out:(...and the sun set too....ran out of light:(

Weavster
02-22-2021, 05:07 PM
Some nice fish!! Well done!

Thanks! Lots of fun out there thats forsure!

Like that you share what you were using Matt...what depth did you move out too? Like I mentioned before we tend to sit on 120-140' late ice season but got a little antzy and went to 90' only to strike out:(...and the sun set too....ran out of light:(

Was sitting in 105ft this day started off in 80ft. Usually have the flasher cam to show that so I didn't even think about mentioning it in the video. Whoops...

lromanchuk
02-22-2021, 05:10 PM
Great video. Nicely done.

Dale S
02-22-2021, 05:15 PM
Nice fish. What kind of rod are you using and where can I get one.

Glenn D
02-22-2021, 05:49 PM
Really enjoyed that video, some nice looking fish.

58thecat
02-23-2021, 08:37 AM
Thanks! Lots of fun out there thats forsure!

Was sitting in 105ft this day started off in 80ft. Usually have the flasher cam to show that so I didn't even think about mentioning it in the video. Whoops...

Another questioned asked and I am not too sure when people say structure other than rocky points that go out to a sandy bottom but I find after 40' the so called structure/rocks turns into sand so I look for shelves that are rather steep and either fish top,mid, or bottom.....so my question is what are you referring to when you mention structure?

Weavster
02-23-2021, 08:33 PM
Great video. Nicely done.
Thanks Iromanchuck! Truly love it out there lake trout fishing.

Nice fish. What kind of rod are you using and where can I get one.
Those are actually custom built by myself. Best to reach out on facebook if you want to see them.

Really enjoyed that video, some nice looking fish.
Thanks its always nice when you can get a few good quality fish to end off the day.

Weavster
02-23-2021, 08:35 PM
Another questioned asked and I am not too sure when people say structure other than rocky points that go out to a sandy bottom but I find after 40' the so called structure/rocks turns into sand so I look for shelves that are rather steep and either fish top,mid, or bottom.....so my question is what are you referring to when you mention structure?

That is a type of structure but normally the lake trout guys are referring to steep drops, underwater points, humps ect more so on the depth side of things as this kind of structure is what they utilize to push the bait up against to feed

58thecat
02-24-2021, 07:21 AM
That is a type of structure but normally the lake trout guys are referring to steep drops, underwater points, humps ect more so on the depth side of things as this kind of structure is what they utilize to push the bait up against to feed

That's what I thought....had pm's and people where looking for structure as in things you would see in a much more shallow lake like deadfall, large boulders, thick weed beds out to a drop off etc.....in the bay's yes for perch, eyes, pike or just along the shore line of this lake but like you mentioned, steep drops, humps etc on this big ol'sandy round hole.....thx Mat.

RACKER
02-24-2021, 09:44 AM
As always a great video. You can catch those fish and keep calm.i couldn’t do that. Lol. The colours on those fish are so cool. Good luck on your next outing.

NRbabyfox
02-25-2021, 04:33 PM
Nice work Mat! Great video!